Chapter 39: Versus

At midnight, Kai opens his door to let Lloyd, Aria, and Cole in while Jay climbs in through the balcony.

"Whoa-ho-ho-ho. Nice digs." Jay comments

"I know. His room is so much nicer than mine. Look, chocolate-covered shell peas. I love these" Cole takes the bowl and jumps on Kai's bed "Oh, and look how soft your pillows are. Man, mine are made of rock. What a crock"

"My room has silk curtains and sheets" Aria brags, sitting down on Kai's bed.

"Why do you guys get all the best stuff?" Cole questions which Aria shrugs in response.

"Okay, it was almost impossible to get here, this place is swarming with guards." Jay says to the group "Any ideas on how we search the island?"

"We travel by shadow." Kai replies "Cover every square inch of this place until we find them."

Aria stood up and walked over to the others. The bed flipped over.

"The island's big. We'll need to split up" Jay says

"No, we stick together" Lloyd argues

"I say we just go back to bed" Aria comments

The bed flips over again, bringing Cole back up "Uh, guys, this bed is, uh..."

"Cole, I get it! You like my bed. Would you stop playing around?" Kai turns to him looking annoyed

"I think I know how we can search the island" Cole tells them

All the Ninja but Aria lay down on the bed.

"Okay, I feel ridiculous" Lloyd says

"That's the feeling of being gay" Aria tells him "It'll go away.. or not."

Lloyd let out an annoyed sigh "Is this a joke Cole?"

"I must've done something to trigger it. I was laying here, then I stretched—" The bed flips over again.

Aria stared at the bed "Well ok then."

About half an hour later the ninja reenters Kai's room, falling on his bed. "Are we..."

"Oh look, you're back" Aria stood up from the chair she was in

"Yeah, barely" Lloyd replies

"No more sneaking around. From now on, let's just follow the rules" Jay suggests

"Did you guys find Reika or Zane?" Aria asks

"We may not have found Reika or Zane, but we found something just as important." Kai replies "This tournament isn't about glory. It's about Chen stealing all of our Elemental Powers."

"Great," Aria sighs "and just when i was thinking we could hold hands and sing kumbaya."

"Aria please," Lloyd stares at her

"If we're gonna find out and find Zane, we have to play by his rules" Kai said "Agreed?"

Everyone nodded "Agreed"

The next day, an Anacondrai Cultist is serving the Elemental Masters their food.

"Nu-uh. Nothing for you" one refused to give Garmadon biscuits

Garmadon turned to Lloyd "There's a valuable lesson here, son. If you turn your back on your first evil Sensei in an effort to go straight..."

"Next!"

"..you may not be served creamy biscuits" Garmadon finished

"And if you're a princess you get whatever you want" Cole said annoyed, pointing to Aria who had high class food like Chen