Chapter 73: True Potential

The Ninja's are celebrating at Laughy's. Jay, Cole, Kai, Zane, and Nya are singing the Weekend Whip while Aria and Zero were sitting at a table with little Wu laughing at them.

"That must be a strange sight. To see someone you've known for so long suddenly look so young" P.I.X.A.L says

"He always had a young soul. At least he's happy" Misako replies

P.I.X.A.L looks at Lloyd, who isolates himself from everyone "Not everyone is happy"

Misako walks to Lloyd "You cared for her, didn't you?"

"No," Lloyd shakes his head "I'm upset that I let someone close to me get hurt. I feel so stupid, Aria told me not to trust her and I did anyway."

Misako put her hand on his shoulder "Bruises go away, bones break and heal. Take time to mourn, but don't let it destroy you. If you bury what's good about you beneath a hard shell, you'll turn out no better than Harumi."

Lloyd looked at the tv "Dareth, cut the music"

He did

"What is it, Lloyd?" Misako asks

"Look" Lloyd points to the TV.

Gayle On TV "...where an assailant rammed a stolen garbage truck into the front of it. I am hearing word it was a jail break. A prisoner was freed from custody ...Okay. I'm getting verification the prisoner that was freed was the recently-apprehended Jade Princess, Princess Harumi. Security footage caught the two on video" A clip shows Harumi and Garmadon

Lloyd shook his head "That...That's impossible"

"Could be anyone" Kai suggests

"Aria," Zero looks at her "you're ok right?"

Aria nods "the ceremony was stopped, they couldn't have completed it."

"They need Aria's powers," Misako says "perhaps.. what they had was just enough."

Jay laughs nervously "I'm telling you that's not him. If that's Lord Garmadon, heh, I'm Lord of the Jig"

Officer On TV "That's-That's when she said "Kneel before Lord Garmadon."

"Ah, okay. That's definitely him" Jay says

Cole looks at him "You better start jiggin"

"Misako, can you find a place to keep Wu somewhere safe?" Nya questions

"I have a corner pad on the east side. You two can make it your own" Dareth offered

"yes thank you Dareth" Misako replies picking up Wu

"Alright let's get to work" Kai says

"Are you alright sissy?" Zero asks worried

Aria looked paler then before and the room was dizzy.

"We need to go." Aria takes Zero's hand and rushes out of the room

"Aria!" Lloyd calls after her

Reika stops him "I'll watch over her."

Lloyd nods as Reika runs after them. The three of them headed to the knights headquarters.

"Princess," Kaname addresses her immediately "the summoning circle has disappeared, Lord Garmadon is back."

"It is as we feared then," Aria says "Lloyd's in no shape to fight his father again. I need to face him."

"If you are defeated then Ninjago's downfall is eminent," Zero tells her "you need your true potential before you're ready to defeat him."

"I've been a ninja for as long as I could remember," Aria argues "If I haven't unlocked my true potential by now then I never will."

"I think Zero's right," Reika grabs her hand "It's too dangerous, you're in no state to fight him either."

"What an idiot!" Hanabusa shouts from the tv

The group rushed in to see Lloyd arriving at Kryptarium prison to fight Garmadon, alone. They were broadcasting it across the world.

"He's going to get slaughtered," Aria says

"Theirs's no chance he'll win," Zero sighs before looking at Aria

Aria goes to run out the door but Reika grabs her.

"You can't go!" Reika shouts

"Lloyd-"

"He reaps what he sows," Kaname says

Garmadon starts fighting Lloyd, even as he tries getting through to his father. The fight is long and brutal, with Lloyd being heavily overwhelmed by his father. Empowered by the fight, Garmadon starts to unlock his True Potential, and fires destructive energy blasts to cripple Lloyd. After being thrown into the prison's locker room, Lloyd puts up a final fight against his father, but is thrown through numerous brick walls.

Lloyd looked up at Garmadon "You wouldn't hurt me. Your son"

"I have no son" Garmadon throws Lloyd out of the prison.

Harumi laughs evilly "Let him live to see his father's reign. Gather everyone. We ride to the city at dawn. It's time Ninjago meets their new emperor. Emperor Garmadon!"

The knights all stare at the tv, not believing what they just saw.

"Princess," Hanabusa looks at Aria who was holding back tears of rage

"With mother being gone, you're in charge Ari," Zero says turning to his sister "what do we do?"

"Protect the people," Aria mutters "forget about me."

"Aria-"

"I gave you your orders!" Aria shouts "You protect the people of this city!"

The knights all look at each other before bowing "Yes your highness!"

"...me too?" Reika asks nervously

"Find the ninja," Aria tells her "Find Lloyd."

"What about you?" Zero questions

"He'll be after Wu next," Aria replies "I'm going to stop him here." she faces her knights "No matter what happens to me, no matter what goes down, you never stop fighting for this Empire. Understood!"

"Yes ma'am!"