Chapter 33: The Lake of Tears

"Wow.." Reika says "That's so shallow."

"I'm still your Empress" Layla glares at her

"Forgive her mother.." Aria looks away "She's uncultured."

"Oh, the girl who said fuck at 10 years old is calling me uncultured?" Reika questions

"And who was the one who taught me that?" Aria asks, turning to her

Reika quickly looks away "That's not important princess, that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about your shallow mother who abandoned her family for power."

"Yes, I regret what I did!" Layla stands up "My children are a clear representation of it, that's why I won't be involved with them."

Aria looks disappointed "But mother-"

"Come home soon, you don't belong here anymore." Layla walks down the stairs "And may you be a better Empress than me.."

Aria watches as her mother walks out of the palace.

"Sorry," Reika apologizes "I didn't mean to make things worse."

"It's not your fault.." Aria looks down "You're right.. she is shallow."

-

The girls continue through the castle looking for anything useful.

"If I was a shiny weapon of darkness.. where would I be?" Reika wonders out loud before turning to Aria "Did your dad have a workshop?"

"No.. but I am thinking." Aria points to a map on the wall "Look here." She points to a lake labeled 'The Lake of Tears.'

"The Lake of Tears?" Reika looks confused

"Every place in old Delta has a specific name for a reason." Aria explains "Perhaps it's called the Lake of Tears because that's where the final battle took place, and my mother broke my father's heart."

"If it's where the final battle took place it would make sense for your father's weapon would be." Reika agrees "How are we sure we're right though? If your father still raised you in.. whatever form it was, couldn't he have retrieved his weapon?"

"My father couldn't reclaim his weapon since his heart was changed." Aria replies "The fans are known as the Yin and Yang fans, it could only be wielded by a Dragon-Oni with a good heart. My father's love for my mother was what allowed him to wield it."

"I see.." Reika looks confused "I uh.. know what a Dragon is.. but what's an Oni?"

"That's.. not important." Aria looks away "But, we know our destination." She smiles "Let's get going."

"Alright," Reika turns around looking determined "To the Lake of Tears!"

-

"Why is everywhere crawling with these things?!"

Reika and Aria were once again running from another beast like the one they encountered when they first arrived. Only this one was much larger.

They soon made it through another cave, which the beast stopped at the entrance this time. It seemed afraid to enter the territory.

"Damn it, I hate those things!" Reika shouts "Why is this place crawling with them?!"

"They're called Vraals," Aria tells her

"I don't care what they're called!" Reika turns to her "They should be called motherf-"

Aria covers her mouth "Ok I get it."

The two soon make it out of the cave, on the other side was a dark and shallow giant lake. In the center of the lake was a strange-looking rock that looked like a person. There were no trees or signs of life anywhere.

"Well," Aria looked around "Welcome to the Lake of Tears."

"How inviting," Reika replies sarcastically

The calm murky water of the lake suddenly turned violent and the girls shouted in surprise. They stand back as a giant eel-like creature emerges from the lake.

"Who dares disturb this land!"

"Oh my God, not another thing!" Reika shouts

"Oh, what the fuck!" Aria agrees

"You all!" the eel shouts "What is your purpose for coming here!"

"I think is the guardian Soldeen," Aria tells Reika "he used to be the tribe leader for the group of people who settled here in this town of Ninjago hundreds of years ago, he became this creature during the Overlord and First Spinjitsu master's war"

"Well, now he's big and ugly," Reika says

"You seek the gem of water" Soldeen states

"Huh?" Aria looks confused "No.. I'm looking for a weapon."

"You're not here for the treasure?" Soldeen questions

"No," Reika speaks "We're looking for fans."

"I see," Soldeen turns slightly "The old things in the center."

"They're here?" Aria asks

"The weapons of my previous master." Soldeen replies spitefully "Yes."

"I wish to collect them.." Aria tells him "May I?"

"Perhaps.." Soldeen laughs "If you can!"

Soldeen launches at them, the girls quickly jump away onto a rock.

"Finally a fight!" Reika says excitingly taking out her crossbow

"Fine," Aria's eyes glow purple "We'll take them then!"