Chapter 78: How to Build a Dragon

At the base the Resistance celebrate Lloyd's speech.

"To the Resistance! May it never quit!" Karlof shouts

"The Resistance never quits!" The others repeat

Dareth sighs "Boy. Must've been awesome to be there. I wish I could've—"

"it was great! We couldn't have planned it better!" Nya says excitedly

"I'll toast to that!" Paleman shouts

Skylor smiles "But hats off to Lloyd. Without his words, and his leadership, let's just say hope is a powerful thing"

"This is just the start. I couldn't have done it without your power and your help. We have to show we're more than words. Now we fight. And I'm not gonna lie to you. We need an army. Has anyone heard from the Master of Form?" Lloyd asks

"I think, uh, how do you say...She is "bad girl" now" Karlof tells him

"What about Bolobo?" Nya asks

"Ultra Violet hunted down the Master of Nature early on" Skylor replies

Dareth smiles "Ah! Maybe it's time the Brown Ninja—"

"What about the Serpentine?" Lloyd asks

"After seeing how the Time Twins abused those snakes, they say they wanna sit this one out" Griffin replies

"Okay. Let's start brainstorming a list on who else can help" Lloyd instructs

In the realm of Oni and Dragon, Aria flew behind the wind dragon she saved. It flew deep into the realm, constantly turning it's head to make sure Aria was still following. Soon enough their were other dragons flying around them.

"Where are we going?" Aria asks the wind dragon

"To our nest," the wind dragon replies "we'll be safe there with grandmother."

"Grandmother?" Aria questions

"The hunters call her firstborne," the wind dragon explains "But we know her as Alexstrasza, she is the first dragon and has ruled over us since the beginning. The mother of all dragons."

"I see," Aria replies looking ahead

"You ask a lot of questions for a dragon," the wind dragon looks behind her "did you get lost as a young one, many do. It's not uncommon for one of us to be raised by hunters before escaping."

"Yeah.." Aria replies "I was lost."

"It's been many millennia's since an Onyx Dragon's been in the nest," The wind dragon tells her happily "Queen Alexstrasza will be thrilled."

"What do you mean?" Aria asks curiously

"Well, don't you know," The wind dragon hums "the queen's had many sons but only her first born son was an Onyx, when he ran off with that awful Oni she thought the bloodline had died with him. It's great now that you're here!" The wind dragon stops in the air and turns to Aria "Say, is the great prince Svern your grandfather! It's legend that he defeated hunters with one flap of his wing! I would just die if I got to meet him- oh but I suppose you wouldn't have met him since you were lost when you were young."

Aria chuckled, this dragon must really like to talk. It was kinda cute, not that she could judge dragons by their age.

"Let's get moving!" The wind dragon turned back around and flew off "We're almost there."

Aria followed after the wind dragon until they finally made it to the nest. Many dragons were there eating what must've been dinner. In the middle laid a great gold dragon, she watched each of the dragons carefully as they entered. Aria immediately noticed the queen's gaze on her as soon as the two entered the nest.

They landed and soon the dragons were moving out of the way as the Firstborne made her way over to them. The wind dragon turned to the queen and bowed as she stopped in front of them.

"Who are you?"

-

The others got to work as Lloyd sighed, he sat away from the others and held Aria's locket in his hand, staring at it once again. Reika walked away from the group and over to Lloyd. He looked up at her as she took a seat beside him.

"Aria's?" Reika questions

"Yeah," Lloyd replies

"..have you ever opened it?" Reika asks

"Opened it?" Lloyd looks at her

"It's not an empty locket," Reika smiles to him "open it."

"It's probably just a picture of her and her mother," Lloyd responded

"Just open it idiot," Reika smacks him on the head

Lloyd rubbed his head before opening the locket, his eyes widened as Reika smiled.

"She's never stopped thinking about you for a minute," Reika tells him

"That's why she said she'd always be with me," Lloyd muttered as his eyes watered "that idiot.. a picture doesn't make up for the real thing."

Reika pats him on the back "Just because you're our fearless leader, doesn't mean you can't cry.. you've been holding back for awhile."

"How did you know?" Lloyd asks turning to her

"You're the same way as her you know," Reika sighs "you both are stubborn and refuse to show your emotions." her eyes tear up as well "You lost your family, your girlfriend, those that have been closest to you since you were a kid.. Nobody's watching."

Reika moved his head down and Lloyd began to cry as she looked away.

"We have to survive," Reika says "until we see her again."

-

The other dragons had stopped eating and was focusing on what was happening in the room. Aria and the Queen were standing in front of each other as the wind dragon stood off to the side, looking between them.

"I ask you again young one," Firstborne spoke "who are you?"

"That depends," Aria chose her words carefully "who do you think I am?"

"Their has only been one Onyx dragon in my present before," Firstborne told her "Many, many, millennia's ago. So I question you who stands before me, clearly not my first born son. Who are you child?"

"..my name is Aria," Aria replies

Aria shifts into her human form, but not how she expected.

"I am the daughter of Svern and Layla Lord."