Chapter 129: Crystastrophe

Aria and Reika approach Layla who was speaking with Kaname and Hanabusa. The Ninja were currently trying to deal with her father's forces as she came up with a plan to save Lloyd and the city.

"I know him better then anyone," Layla tells Kaname "the attacks will only get closer and closer. If we do not stop him at the border, Ninjago city will fall."

"We are doing everything in our power to hold him back mother," Aria says as she approached them "the ninja aren't fairing so well without Lloyd."

"Are you alright?" Layla asks as she places her hands on her daughter's shoulder "I heard you faced him."

"I did, but I ran away like a coward." Aria sighs

"You were outmatched and not prepared to face him, you were smart." Layla tells her "You have nothing to be ashamed of Aria. Best to live to fight another day then let him win and take your power. The power he uses now is at best what fragments remained of him along with Lloyd's Oni blood."

"We need a better plan," Aria says "I can't just charge in there head first. I risk hurting Lloyd."

"At heart your father is a dragon," Layla hugs her daughter "and you indeed have the true heart of one. I know you'll find a way to win."

"For now we need to push them back," Aria faces Hanabusa, Reika, and Kaname. "Mobilize the Knights, we're heading to the front lines."

"Yes ma'am," Kaname agrees

"At your command," Hanabusa cracks his knuckles

"I'll follow you anywhere dear," Reika smiles

-

On the rice fields, villagers flee from Vengestone Guards, and Cole blasts a few guards away from them.

"Ha! Invincible, my butt!" Cole laughs before the guards get up "Oh no!" his car is sent flying through the air "Yikes! Uh, slight problem here."

"Hang on, Cole, ole' buddy, I gotcha!" Jay races towards him before stopping next to his car "Come on, Cole. I think it's time to get out of here! Jump on my bike!"

"Just gimme a sec here!" Cole hits his buttons, trying to get his car open

"Cole, we have to go. Now!" Jay panics seeing the Vengestone Guards getting closer

Suddenly Aria jumps Infront of them and sends a blast of dark energy at the Vengestone Guards, knocking them back.

"Aria!" Cole looks shocked

Aria grabs Cole's car and opens it with her bruit strength.

"Man am I glad to see you. Phew." Cole lets out a breath before getting out of his car "You saved my butt Aria."

Nya arrives on the Destiny's Bounty "You okay down there?"

"Yeah! But my engine is fried!" Cole replies

"Jay, can you tow Cole's vehicle back to the Sam X Cave?" Nya asks

"Yeah, I think so." Jay answers "What about you?"

"I'll meet you there. We may have found a way to stop all this!" Nya tells them

"That's great!" Cole turns to Aria "How's the frontlines?"

"We're able to draw them back but not for long." Aria sighs "Whatever it is that can stop them, keep me updated."

"You know we will." Cole holds his fist out to her

Aria smiles before giving him a fist bump "Stay safe cuz."

"You too." Cole says

Aria turns to the warriors and charges at them as Cole and Jay worriedly watch her before turning to leave.

-

Aria and her army fight the Vengestone Warriors as they make their way through Ninjago City.

"Empress!" Hanabusa pants as he stands against her back "They've broken through everywhere!"

"This isn't good." Aria looks around at her army "Everyone's exhausted.. I don't know if we can keep going like this.."

"The ninja want you to meet up with them," Kaname tells Aria as he hands her a letter.

"I'll head out then," Aria nods turning to her men "Be safe everyone!"

"Yes, Princess!"