Chapter 23: The Stone Warrior

At the Destiny's Bounty, the Ninja are sleeping, but the alarm clock starts blaring, waking them up.

"Ugh" Cole hits his head on the top bunk.

"Aah!" Jay falls off his bed

Kai throws something at the clock, making it hit a gramophone and makes it louder. The Ninja groan, but Zane, being a Nindroid, is unaffected by the noise. Lloyd uses his Energy to destroy it.

"Is it Wednesday already?" Lloyd questions

"Sunrise exercise. I hate sunrise exercise" Jay complains

Wu comes in, ringing a mini gong "Ah. Good morning, morning, morning! Up, up. It's a new day, students"

"Where's Aria?" Kai asks noticing her bed empty

"She is running an errand for me" Wu replies and faces the ninja "Now before we begin sunrise exercise, I noticed the Dragon made another mess outside. It looks like a two-person job, hehe"

"Uh, what was that, Sensei?" Cole questions

"Did I hear an SOS call come in? Kai asks

"I sense I need to be somewhere else" Zane says

Jay smiled "Lloyd, haha. I'm sure you got this, heh"

"Aww, you might've been able to dump chores on me when I was smaller, but I'm grown up now. That's not fair!" Lloyd argues

Kai sighs "You're right, Lloyd. We need to settle this like men. With a round of Rock, Paper, Clamp! Okay, on three! One, two, three!"

Lloyd chooses rock but everyone else chose paper.

"Haha, paper beats rock!" Jay laughs

"How does paper beat rock?" Lloyd groans

-

"Break!" Aria shouts "Unseal! Do something please!"

Wu walks into the training room to see Aria in the middle of a magic circle "What in Ninjago are you doing child?

"Uh.." Aria deactivates the magic circle "Well, I'm trying to see.. it's complicated.. just nothing's happening!"

"What are you talking about?" Wu asks confused

"The other day this appeared," Aria turns around and shows Wu her back where their was a strange symbol on it "I thought it had something to do with my powers."

"I see..." Wu walks over and pats her head "don't worry too much about it"

"You've been wanting me to use my powers and now all of a sudden that we can physically see a mark, you don't want me to worry about it?" Aria questions confused

"The only way to remove that mark is to get the one who placed it on you to remove it" Wu tells her "and that's.. your father"

Aria looks away "my father huh?"

"Sensei Wu! Aria!" Kai shouts from down the hall "the Museum's calling for us!"

"We're coming!" Aria shouts back to him

-

The Ninja reach the museum.

"Oh, thank heavens you're here!" the Curator says

"We heard there was an emergency?" Wu questions

"Yes, come, come. Quickly, this way" the Curator leads them down a hall "The Stone Warrior exhibit opens to the public tonight, and this couldn't have come at a worse time"