Chapter 131: Brave But Foolish

The Crystal Island continues to float across Ninjago City, as the citizens are attacked and surrounded by Crystal Warriors. However, the ninja arrive and destroy most of the Crystal Warriors with their newly-powered vehicles. Aria and her knights fought against the warriors that seemed endless.

Aria stood back to back with Reika as they were surrounded by warriors. They prepared to attack when they all were destroyed instantly.

"Well well well,"

"He certainly doesn't make them like he use to,"

"Sexy demon lady," Reika points at her, eyes wide "Mommy."

"That's my mother Reika," Aria says turning Reika's head down

"Ah I- Huh!" Reika looks at Aria before looking back at Layla "Oh.. oh I see the resemblance now."

"Don't be so surprised Reika," Layla chuckles "I am an Oni."

"Mother," Aria runs up to Layla "You shouldn't be out here."

"I can't simply hide in my castle while everyone is out here fighting for their life." Layla states "This is my Empire and that is my husband, I have to put a end to the demon I created."

"But-"

"Aria," Layla cuts her off "get me to him. I will do everything in my power to save Lloyd and your father."

"Save.. them both?" Aria looks confused "I don't understand."

"Your father was corrupted because of me," Layla says "You remember that don't you? He is good inside, he was a protector once, I need to make him see that's who he is."

"...alright," Aria turns and whistles to the ninja "we're heading out boys, keep the city safe!"

"You can count on us!" Kai replies

"We got this!" Jay agrees

Aria, Reika, and Layla rush to the Bounty where Wu and Nya were on board. They had sent Zane out to the floating palace.

"Get me on there," Layla demands to Wu

"Are you sure Layla?" Wu asks

"I am," Layla replies "you and I always knew it would come down to this."

"I know.. but I don't know if I'm ready." Wu tells her "Despite differences in the past, you were a friend."

"And I am grateful for that," Layla smiles "thank you for raising my daughter, she turned out better then I could've hoped for."

"Well, thank you for having her." Wu replies with a smile

Reika and Aria looked at each other as the Bounty sailed closer to the floating palace.

"Aria," Layla turns to her "in case things go wrong, I want you to have this." she takes off her necklace and hands it to Aria "I've done you, your brother, and Svern so much wrong, but this is a chance to right my mistakes. Your father was a good man... I loved him."

Nya shoots cables from the Destiny's Bounty and begins pulling the temple away.

"Mother," Aria grabs her arm "I.. love you."

"I know," Layla places a kiss on her forehead "But don't count me out. I'm not just any old Oni you know."

"I know," Aria says

Layla jumps from the Bounty and lands on the Crystal Palace in front of the Overlord and Harumi.

"Release the Dragonides!" the Overlord commands before turning to Layla "Hello darling, long time no see."

"Hello Svern," Layla responds

The Dragonides attack the Bounty, Reika, Aria, and Nya quickly defend with the help of Garmadon.

"I've been waiting for you to crawl out of hiding," the Overlord says "I like what you've done with the place. A great place for our child to grow up, I don't see that half-born though. Did he finally kick the bucket?"

"Zero is alive and well thank you," Layla responds "both my children are living happily. I had hoped you would grow out of your obsession and come back home Svern."

"That name, ugh," the Overlord complains "I've always hated it. Overlord is more fitting, the supreme ruler of all. I remember.. when you traded me for the very same thing, power."

"What I did to you was wrong Svern," Layla tells him "You took care of Aria in her first life and she turned out well."

"I agree, I liked her very much then." The Overlord agrees "However, this one I hate."

"She's still strong, you'd be proud." Layla says

"I would be proud, if she didn't have what was mine." The Overlord says "And now my ex-wife stands in my way. Wouldn't you want to rule the kingdom together?"

"Not with fear and suffering Svern," Layla shakes her head "you were a protector remember. You loved your family."

"I did," the Overlord's eyes glow "but now.. I want them dead."

"Then this can only go one way," Layla says as her Oni mask appears over her face, darkness growing around her "my dear husband."

On the Bounty, Garmadon takes flight and destroys some of the Dragonides. However, as he notices Harumi, she jumps on a Dragonide and destroys one of the ship's engines.

"We're going to go down!" Reika shouts

"Harumi!" Aria's eyes glow as she transforms into a dragon

Aria and Harumi engage in battle as Layla and the Overlord's battle continued. The Overlord striking Layla down who grabs his arm and brings him down with her.

"Do you truly think you have a chance against me?" the Overlord asks as he holds onto her neck

"Even if I didn't, I would oppose you to my last breath." Layla growls "You're my husband, no matter how much you fight me. I refuse to let you suffer anymore."

"It is too late to save me," the Overlord tells her

"It's not," Layla replies "It's never too late Svern.. our daughter taught me that."

"It is." the Overlord states

Harumi knocks Aria down back onto the Bounty, she turned back into her Human form before crashing onto the deck. Aria stood up panting as Reika rushed to her side. Aria turned and looked at the Crystal island as a bright light shun.

"Goodbye, Layla." The Overlord put his hand over her and her body turns completely back before disintegrating.

"MOTHER" Aria screams

The Overlord uses his Darkness to strike at the central crystal; crystalizing all of Ninjago City.

"I'm sorry my daughter," the Overlord turns to the Bounty "but this is destiny."

He then uses his power to shoot a blast at the Bounty, setting it on fire as it descends. As if on instinct, Garmadon wraps his arms around Aria, protecting her, as the ship goes down.

"The air brakes! The air brakes! It's our only chance!" Nya shouts

Reika quickly runs and hits the air brakes, however the Bounty scraps on a building, causing the ship to be split in half, with Nya, Reika, and Wu falling down on the front half. While Aria and Garmadon's fall ends in an explosion.

After watching, the Overlord floats back onto his throne "So the end begins."