Chapter 36: The Invitation

Almost a year had passed since Zane's death. Aria sat in a café, in Jamanakai village. She opened her eyes when she heard a slight sound beside her.

"Ninja's are supposed to be silent," Aria says picking up her cup "Oh great and powerful green ninja."

"Where have you been?"

Aria looks over at Lloyd.

"Oh you know, out." Aria replies "What are you, my father? Oh yeah." she looks away "He's dead."

"Aria.." Lloyd sits at the chair in front of her "I haven't seen you for 2 years.. my mother saw you last year, but you didn't show up to Zane's memorial."

"He's not dead." Aria tells him

"The team needs you back," Lloyd says "We've all been apart for too long."

"Maybe that's what we need," Aria looks up at him "Their's 6 ninja, not 5."

"Do you know how worried we were when your father appeared looking for you?" Lloyd questions "All we could think about was, what if he got you? Without you around us we were a mess."

"That's funny, but I'm not coming back," Aria tells him "Not until I've found Zane."

Lloyd sighs "Their's a place we'll be at, if you change your mind."

Lloyd places down a card before standing up.

"Do you really think he's gone?" Aria asks quietly

"Sometimes.." Lloyd hesitates before responding "there are things we need to accept."

"..I see" Aria responds

Lloyd looks over at her "I really miss you, I need my best friend.. I hope you know that.."

After not hearing a response, Lloyd walks out of the café disappointed.

-

Aria walks out of Jamanakai village and wonders around in the open fields until she stops.

"Why are you following me?" Aria asks, not bothering looking behind her

"You're very sharp, your highness." A monotone voice answers her

Aria then turns to face a man, he just gave off the presence of someone up to no good.

"You know my status, then what do you want with me?" Aria asks

"We only wish for your presence." the man replies "I am Clouse, I serve the one known as Master Chen."

"I don't have time for you mind games." Aria states, crossing her arms "What exactly do you want?"

"My Master has a proposal." Clouse answers "He knows something about that, robot man you've been searching for.. goes by Zane was it?"

Aria's eyes widen and her arms drop to her side "What kind of proposal?"

"All we want is for you to participate in the Tournament of Elements," Clouse says "it is a tournament to prove who is the best elemental in Ninjago.. if you win.. my master agrees to tell you everything you want to know, your highness."

"It's not if I win is it?" Aria questions "I'm expected to win."

"You're very sharp." Clouse smirks "Of course, the Dark Lord, will win."

"..." Aria remains silent

"All we want, is for you to win, that is all." Clouse tells her "We will tell you everything, and you can go on your way.. of course we would like you to look the part."

"So your master wants me to flaunt my power for the other competitors to see." Aria says "Crush their hope from the very start."

"If you would," Clouse confirms "my Master likes to play games you see."