Chapter 125: Ninjago City vs. Ninja

"Nya!" Aria ran and hugged her, Reika following suite.

"I'm so happy to see you two!" Nya cried as she hugged them both.

The girls stood outside the royal courtroom as they reunited. The ninja were on trial in front of Empress Layla and the council for the crimes they committed. The trial was going to be in front of a judge, but because Lloyd was married to Aria and was the Prince Consort, it changed everything.

Aria had gone off to her mother soon after they reunited. Reika took a seat beside Nya, holding onto her arm. The ninja sat in their seats in front of the royal thrones. The councilman all in their stands around them.

"This feels so intense," Kai whispers

"All rise." Kaname announces "Entering Empress Layla and Crown Princess Aria."

Layla entered the room first with Aria behind her.

"Woah," Jay comments "I've never seen Aria in her official wear

"Woah," Jay comments "I've never seen Aria in her official wear."

"This is no joke then," Lloyd says with a sigh "we're in serious trouble."

"Poor Aria," Cole whispers "Her eyes changed again."

"I'm sorry," Lloyd mutters

Layla and Aria took their seats on the thrones as everyone in the courtroom sat back down.

"We can't be in that much trouble right?" Kai questions "I mean, we have Aria defending us right?"

"Kai, Aria cannot plead for us to be let go." Zane tells him "If she openly opposes to us not being punished, she could loose her crown. People will question her judgement for the public's safety and lead them to believing her not fit to rule."

"Crap," Kai curses

"In all my years, I have never seen such a callous disregard for public safety as I have in this case." one of the councilman spoke "The Prince consort and his ninja put the entire city at risk by freeing the convicted criminal Aspheera, and then helping to arm her with the very weapon she used to attack this city."

"Yes I agree," Layla says "So what do you propose councilman?"

"For Prince consort Lloyd to be stripped of his title followed by himself and the ninja spending 20 years in prison," the councilman declared

"What?!" Lloyd shouts "That means Aria and I would get divorced!"

"You can't do that!" Kai shouts

"I thought you and Aria were married?" Dareth whispers to Reika

Wu, Nya, and Reika all look at Dareth before turning back to the trial.

"Mother," Aria turns to look at Layla

"That seems a bit extreme councilman," Layla says

"The royal blood cannot be tainted with a criminal's!" another councilman shouts

The other all begin to shout in agreement. Lloyd looked at Aria worriedly as she was staring at her mother.

"Aria dear, what do you think?" Layla asks turning to her daughter

"I.." Aria looks over at the ninja before turning to the councilman "While.. what the ninja did was wrong.." she shook her head and looked at them determined "What about all the times the ninja helped this city? Like when they fought Garmadon? Or Unagami? Or the Quiet One? We have to take that into account too. They are an asit to this empire despite this hiccup."

"What do you propose then princess?" the councilman asks

"5 years in Kryptarium Prison," Aria replies "to atone for their crime. The ninja can resume their duties afterwords and work to help the city."

"that is-"

"A great idea," Layla cuts off the councilman "Prince Consort Lloyd will keep his title for the sake of their happy marriage after he atones for his crime.  I'm sentencing them to five years in Kryptarium Prison, trial over."

Layla stood up from her throne as the councilman shout in protest, Aria smiles as she stood up and walked over to the ninja. The ninja immediately all hug her as Lloyd was the last one.

"Thanks honey," Lloyd says

"I'll be waiting for you dear," Aria smiles "better not cause any trouble in there."

"Heh," Lloyd chuckles "I don't know if we'll get that option."

"Oh the pain, I don't know how we'll ever survive without you." Reika says saracastically

"...you better not seduce my wife while im in there." Lloyd looks at her annoyed

"Oh I'm going to." Reika smirks

"Reika!" Lloyd shouts as the guards go to escort the ninja away.

Reika sticks her tongue out at him while they're dragged away.

"They'll be ok.." Aria says as she looks down "they have to be."