Chapter 112: Into the Dark

The Bounty sails towards the Kingdom of Shintaro.

"See? I told ya. Amazing!" Jay talks fast in excitement

"I'll admit, I wasn't sure it could live up to the legend, but... it's even more beautiful" Nya agrees in amazement

"The Ivory City of Shintaro. Incredible" Wu says

The Winged Guards of Shintaro land the Destiny's Bounty safely on the Kingdom of Shintaro. The royal family, ninja, and Wu are led by Hailmar to be welcomed to Shintaro by King Vangelis.

Hailmar bows before him "It is with great honor, King Vangelis, that I present the Empress Layla, Crown Princess Aria, and Prince Zero of Ninjago. Along with their famed Ninja."

"Welcome, welcome! I'm most pleased you were able to accept our invitation. It is an honor" King Vangelis bows humbly

"The honor is ours" Wu responds as he and the ninja bow as well "Shintaro is beyond anything we imagined"

"And I am honored to finally meet you Empress Layla, I have heard many great things about you." King Vangelis smiles to her "The crown princess and first prince seemd to have enherited your famed beaty."

"Thank you King Vangelis." Layla replies as she takes a step forward "A formal greeting has been long awaited."

"I agree," King Vangelis nods

The Princess runs in looking excited "Oh, they're here!"

"And please, meet my heart. Her Royal Princess Vania" King Vangelis introduces

"I am such a fan!" Princess Vania shouts excitedly, looking at all the ninja "I've read all about your adventures. It was my idea to invite you to my birthday"

"It's an honor to be here, Princess" Cole responds

"So, is it true you've been to Hiroshi's Labyrinth?" Princess Vania asks

"Affirmative" Zane confirms

"Competed in the Tournament of Elements?" Princess Vania asks

"Oh ho, do we have stories for you" Kai says

Vania gasps "I need to hear them all"

Vangelis and Hailmar land between Vania and the ninja. "You can begin by following me. Tomorrow will be a very busy day for all of us"

Vania looks around them "Cole, the Earth Elemental. What is it like to command the very earth? Is it as fun as it sounds?"

"Yeah, pretty much" Cole responds

"Huh. Weird" Jay comments "The Princess seems to like Cole" he looks at Aria "I mean, he's my best friend and all, but Cole?"

"And why are you looking at me?" Aria asks

"Well you're his cousin aren't you? Shouldn't you be interested?" Jay questions

"No," Aria replies  "I can't go into specifics, but it's just weird how the Princess is interested in Cole"

"Yeah. Weird" Lloyd agrees suspiciously

"Dear, has my departed sister left a bad taste in your mouth?" Aria questions as she turns to him

"No!" Lloyd crosses his arms

"I believe she has," Zero mutters to Aria who holds in a laugh.

The ninja are brought to their rooms as the royal family stays to speak to the king.

"I must say, I am surprised you accepted my invitation." King Vangelis says "The Empress of Ninjago herself came."

"You had sent a very convincing letter," Layla replies "How could I refuse such a letter?"