Chapter 54: Curseworld Part 1

"Are we sure this plan is gonna work?" Reika whispers

"It has to," Aria replies

-

The Ninja secretly begin their assault on Stiix's assailants, battling and defeating many of the ghosts. Allowing Lloyd and his partner to make it through the city unharmed to get to the Realm Crystal and destroy it. However, Morro and several ghosts stop and seize the two.

"Surely it's not just you two. I know your Ninja are never far. Come out, come out, wherever you are. I have your beloved Green Ninja." Morro calls out before turning to them "You think you can come into my home and steal the Crystal I rightfully earned? You think I'll just hand it to you, just like the green gi was handed to you? Tell me. Tell all of us that I'm better than you, and I'll let you go. What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?"

Morro takes his hood off, revealing Nya.

"Sorry, I couldn't hear you. I'm still a little wet behind the ears" Nya creates a water ball.

Her company threw off their hood revealing Reika holding an aeroblade.

"She's a Water Ninja. She's.. Protect the Realm Crystal!" Morro shouts

Nya and Reika destroy some Ghosts, before battling with Morro. Not too far away the rest of the ninja stood, watching as their plan unfolded just how they wanted.

Kai turns to Lloyd "The plan to get him away from the Realm Crystal worked. We'll clear a path for you, then you can do the rest"

"I'll meet you there Lloyd," Aria tells him

"Don't get caught," Lloyd says, kissing her on the cheek before he runs off.

Aria heads in a separate direction, both heading where the realm crystal is kept. Aria turns to see Lloyd confronting Morro, who crumbles the temple he is standing on apart and levitates its remains into the air.

"I'm stronger, Lloyd. I always have been. And I've been inside your head. I know what you're afraid of. You could never do it alone, could you? Weak. You need others, but I, I need no one" Morro taunts "What are you waiting for, Lloyd? An invitation? If you want the Real Crystal, earn it"

"I did learn a thing or two with you in my head" Lloyd uses Airjitzu to get closer to Morro, but he uses his Wind to push him off "Whoa!"

"Watch your step. The fall can be a doozy" Morro uses his wind to push a platform Lloyd's going to land on "What's wrong, too hard for ya? This is the end of the line, Lloyd. I'll miss you"

Ronin arrives in R.E.X and bombards the debris with a shower of golden coins, causing the debris to plummet to the ground below, as Lloyd enters the room with the Crystal. With Morro having disappeared, Lloyd obtains the Crystal and builds up his energy to destroy it.

"Stop! Please, don't" Morro begged walking into the room

"This isn't your world anymore, Morro. You had your chance. The Realm Crystal must be destroyed. The First Spinjitzu Master never wanted us to have it" Lloyd answered

"But-but if you destroy it, you destroy any chance of ever saving your father" Morro says which gets Lloyd's attention "yes. Yes, I've seen him. He waits for you... locked up in the Cursed Realm. Destroy the Crystal and, and the gateway will be wiped out. You'll never get a chance to see your beloved daddy again"

"Uh...you've...you've seen him?" Lloyd questioned then shook his head "No. He'd do everything to save Ninjago, and you would do everything to destroy it. The Realm Crystal must be destroyed."

"Lloyd!" Aria shouts running into the tower

"It's 2 verses 1 now Morro," Lloyd says

"You've lost," Aria says

"You're wrong, the gateway is complete" Morro laughs "My master has arrived. You've taken everything from me Lloyd. Everything that should've been rightfully mine. Now it's your turn."

Aria quickly runs to Lloyd, pushing him away before the Preeminent grabs her.

"Aria!" Lloyd reaches out to her

"It's time you return to where you belong Aria," Morro laughs

The Preeminent pulls Aria into the Cursed Realm.

"Aria!"