Chapter 79: The Gilded Path

The dragons talked among themselves about the information they had just gotten.

"Impossible," Firstborne says as she stares at Aria "and yet.."

"The pieces are there, you just need to put them together." Aria smiles "I can turn into a dragon, I know you can tell I am part Oni, and I understand Draconian. Those alone should prove my identity is as I say."

Firstborne turns to her dragon "As you were everyone.. no alarm."

The dragons go back to eating their meal as Firstborne heads back to the center, motioning Aria to follow her. Aria walks after the large dragon, she could feel the uncertain stares of the older dragons. Firstborne once again lays in the middle of the nest as Aria stood in front her.

"Last I knew my son had followed the master of creation to his new realm," Firstborne tells her "How is the old fool?"

"Unfortunately, he has passed on." Aria replies "Leaving his two sons behind."

"That is a shame," Firstborne says sadly "I was hoping we'd meet again one day.." she looks down at Aria, her eyes shining "But I see, instead he has sent me something else.. How is my son, your father?"

"..he unfortunately passed as well." Aria tells her "But my father.." she smiled, she didn't have the heart to tell the old dragon of her father's misdeeds "he lived a long  fulfilling life."

"Are you his only kin?" Firstborne asks

"He has a son as well," Aria replies "unfortunately my brother Zero is not here.. and takes after mother."

"I see.."  Firstborne thinks to herself "How is.. Layla.. has she passed as well?"

"No, my mother is still alive and well," Aria replies "If i may say.. you don't seem fond of my mother."

"Truthfully," Firstborne lays her head down "I was against their union from the start."

Aria sat down in front of her "How come?"

"It started many many millennia's ago," Firstborne began "when I myself had just existed."

-

The Resistance continue planning how to save Ninjago.

"Even if we were to get 'em alone, none of us stand a chance against his power" Lloyd sighs "We can't risk an all-out assault. My father is too powerful"

Dareth runs in "It's an ambush!"

"Protect the base!" Lloyd shouts

The Sons of Garmadon rush in and they fight.

"And welcome to my foot!" Nya kicks them.

"Take the son alive!" Harumi shouts

Skylor runs to Lloyd "There's too many. We need to get you out of here"

"No! We need to fight!" Lloyd shouts

"Get Mistaké" Killow orders

Lloyd looks around "We're losing"

Harumi goes in front of him "I missed you, Lloyd"

"And you'll miss him again!" Reika shouts kicking her in the face "Nya! Get Lloyd out of here!"

"I can't leave everyone behind!" Lloyd argues

"You're more important then the rest of us!" Reika shouts before turning to him "Besides, It's bold of you to think we won't escape."

Lloyd shakes his head as Nya grabs him.

"Come on!" Nya leads Lloyd to an armored vehicle.

They escaped, leaving many behind. Lloyd and Nya blend in the city with disguises.

Gayle is on TV "What, by all accounts, looks like a devastating blow to the Resistance. The Green Ninja's secret headquarters has been raided with numerous arrests made."

Lloyd pulls out his gi "Are you sure I have to do this?"

"I already got rid of the vehicle I spend forever building." Nya tells him "We need to destroy everything that can give us away."

Lloyd looks at it "But this. This is who I am"

"That suit never made you what you are. It's what's inside of you. From here on out, we have to hide our identities." Nya says "They'll be looking for us, and wearing our colors will only draw attention"

Lloyd sighs "The Resistance never quits" he burns his gi

The two sigh as they head into their new hideout where only Skylor, Dareth, and Reika were.

"Who's hungry?" Skylor and Dareth approaches them with food.

"You didn't steal that, did you?" Nya questions "We don't have any money"

Dareth points to Skylor "Oh, you're forgetting that she owns a noodle empire"

Skylor shrugs "Eh. And there are still a few kind souls who are watching over us"

"This place is kinda sketchy. Are you sure we're safe here?" Dareth asks

"For the time being" Nya replies

"What about our friends? My mother?" Lloyd asks worriedly

"The word on the street is that they were all taken to Kryptarium Prison" Reika says

Lloyd clenched his fist.

Nya placed her hand on top of his fist "They'll be all right. But will you?"

"I already lost my powers." Lloyd says angrily "Now the rest of my friends, I couldn't protect them."

Skylor sighs "It took us all by surprise. But we have to endure"

"Yeah, right. Endure. Living in squalor with the rats" Lloyd complains

"Even those who have nothing find the will to carry on." Skylor tells him

Dareth sees a rat "Ah! Rat, rat, rat, rat. Rat, rat, rat, rat, rat, rat, rat, rat, rat, rat, rat, rat, rat, rat, rat, rat, rat, rat, rat, rat, rat " he grabs a mop

"Wait! Stop! Don't!" the rat shouts

"Uh, is that rat talking to us?" Nya asks

"Yes. I believe it is" Lloyd replies

"Oh. I'm sorry. Sometimes I forget how unnerving this can be" the rat laughs "Uh, how about this?" it transforms to Mistaké "Ah. Much better"

"Mistaké?" Skylor looks confused

"..crazy old lady," Reika mutters

Nya blinked "Y-you were just—"

"H-how did you do that?" Lloyd asks

"Ooh, food. Ha-ha. I'm famished" Mistaké grabs the bag from Lloyd "Perhaps now is the time to tell you all who I really am. Or maybe after I eat"