Chapter 114: The Royal Rescue Plan

The Zero simps may like this chapter😅

Zero left his mother's room and was heading towards the underground when he spotted Vania  running.

"Princess Vania?" Zero called out

"Prince Zero!" Vania stopped in her tracks and ran towards him "I was looking for you!"

"We're you?" Zero questioned, looking at the princess like she was mad.

"The ninja had been underground way too long, and I think something terrible might have happened to them. And I think I should go after them, but they're ninja. They can take care of themselves, right?" Vania rambles "Master Wu even said I shouldn't go after them. But what if they've been attacked by crazy monsters? I should at least alert the Palace Guards, right? But if my father knew the ninja went down into the tunnels, he'd banish them from Shintaro forever! Even if their intentions were good. Oh, what should I do?"

"Pft," Zero held in a laugh

"What?" Vania looked confused "I'm serious!"

"I know just, give me a minute," Zero composed himself before looking at her "I'm heading to the mines now, I'm sure I'll find them."

"But what if you get hurt too?!" Vania questions "I'll just come with you."

"No way," Zero pushed her aside gently "you'd only slow me down."

"They're ninja and they could be lost," Vania argues "even if you're a trained swordsman, they're ninja."

"Yeah yeah," Zero continued walking

"Do you even know where you're going?" Vania asks

"To the mines to look for my sister and the ninja," Zero replies "yeah."

"Mhm, but do you know your way around?" Vania asks

"Well," Zero stops and turns to her "Do you?"

"A little, I can at least point you to where me and Cole went," Vania points out "come on."

"Sorry princess," Zero shakes his head "not happening."

"Well I'm going," Vania crosses her arms

"Really?" Zero places his arm above her head against the wall "Well I hope you're able to keep up."

Vania blushes and looks irritated "I can!"

Zero smirks and stands up straight. He turned and walked to the mines with Vania running after him.

He stopped and gestured to her "After you, princess, ladies first."

"Hmph," Vania took a torch and went inside

Zero rolled his eyes before following after her.

-

"Why was I born with everything except a sense of direction?!" Aria shouts

After escaping the tunnel collapse, Aria found herself in a series of tunnels underground, none of them leading to a way out. Aria was standing at the same spot she's seen a hundred times, a room with 15 deferent tunnels.

"This is so infuriating," Aria complains

Aria chooses another tunnel and heads into it, after walking for awhile she eventually hears shouting. Aria stops and listens carefully.

"Quicker you idiots!"

The voice sounded so familiar, Aria quietly made her way through the tunnel before coming to a stop. In front of her was the strange creatures shoveling what looked like had been months of mining into a dark pink portal. Standing center stage was Harumi, ordering them around.

"It can't be.." Aria mutters

Once the last cart was in, the strange creatures began moving back to their original tunnel.

"This month's batch is done," Harumi reports to someone "Heading back now."

Harumi turns to the portal and walks inside, it closing behind her. Aria jumped down from her spot and made her way towards where the portal had been. On the ground was a pink crystal, no longer glowing.

Aria picked the crystal up carefully and stared at it "What are you up to Harumi?"

-

Vania and Zero made their way through tunnels when Zero stopped walking.

"Just admit we're lost!" Zero shouts

"We're not!" Vania turns to him "I know where we're going!"

"You're way in over your head princess," Zero sighs

"I-" Vania stopped when they heard shouting "That sounds like Cole!"

The two quickly ran in the direction they heard Cole shouting. They arrived in a clearing where they saw Cole being webbed by a giant spider.

"Ah!" Cole shouts and laughs nervously "I'm now willing to discuss the terms of your surrender."

Zero unsheathes his sword and runs at the spider, in a blink of an eye the spider was over his shoulder and on it's back. The spider tried turning over as Vania ran over to the two boys.

"Prince Zero?" Cole looks confused "Princess Vania."

"I hate spiders, especially huge slobbering ones with fangs!" Vania complains as she tries to unweb Cole.

"Move aside," Zero says as he faces them with his sword

"Ah, you know, I don't really feel like being cut in half!" Cole shouts

Vania moved to the side as Zero precisely cut the web from Cole.

"Oh.." Cole says as he sat up "thanks."

"You think I'm some armature swordsman?" Zero questions as he puts his sword back in its sheath.

"Well.." Cole looks around "guess not."

Zero sighs as Vania turns to him "You're pretty cool you know."

"I-" Zero looks away, hiding a blush "I'm not that good."

Vania hides a laugh as Cole looks between them, confused.

"You two should head back to the surface and warn them about what's going on down here," Zero says turning to Cole "You did figure that out right?"

"Yes," Cole nods

"Have you seen my sister around?" Zero asks

"No, I thought she made it to the surface," Cole replies in shock "Is she down here still?"

"That's what I need to find out," Zero states

Zero turns to leave when Vania grabs him arm.

"Wait.." Vania looks worried "Are you going to be ok by yourself?"

Zero smiles and rubs her head "Don't worry about me, I'm the First Prince of Ninjago, you get back safe princess."

"We'll see you soon," Cole says

Zero nods before running off to look for Aria.

"Come on Vania, we gotta warn everyone." Cole runs off

Vania looks worriedly at Zero before running after Cole "Right!"