Chapter 100: The Tutorial

"A tutorial?" Reika questions

"Pft, who needs a tutorial," Aria put her hand on her hip "We have skills."

"Hey!" Zero grabs Aria's hand before she hits no "We have no idea what we can do here, we need the tutorial."

"Tutorial's are for losers Prince Zero," Reika crosses her arms

"You heard my mother, if anything happens to Aria we're all dead," Zero tells her

"He has a point," Hanabusa says before smiling to Aria "Pretty please princess, let us take the tutorial."

"Sure," Aria smiles and pats his head "Anything for you Hanabusa."

"Like a puppy dog," Zero mutters

"That's the vice-captain for you," Reika chuckles "he knows how to persuade her."

Aria selects yes on the pop-up screen and it disappears. The city around them dissolves into pixels before a new setting appears, they are now in a white-lit room. Above them was a large pop-up with instructions before it began to read out loud.

"New players will now receive starter gear."

Mini pop-up screens appear before them with images of weapons.

"Please select your weapon,"

The group scrolled through the list of cyber-designed weapons, until they found their preferred weapons. They each select their weapon and the screen disappears. Their weapons formed in their hands. Reika a bow, Hanabusa's spiked gauntlets, Zero a sword, and Aria a katana.

"Weapons can be upgraded through skill points and level,"

Reika looks around at everyone's weapons curiously "Figures, the prince is a trained swordsman."

"You're one to talk miss archer," Zero replies

"Got me there," Reika says smugly

"What's with the gloves?" Zero asks looking at Hanabusa

"Hanabusa's trained in hand-to-hand combat," Aria explains

"Mhm," Hanabusa nods "it seemed like the best choice for me."

"Yeah I see it," Reika agrees before turning to Aria "but dear.. do you know how to use a katana?"

"Hm," Aria pauses before shrugging "maybe."

"That means no," Zero smirks "Our princess here is trained in dark magic."

"Oh," Aria turns to him "you assume I can only use my elemental powers cause I'm a ninja?"

"That and fans," Zero smirks

"Well dear brother," Aria turns away from him "I suppose you are right."

Droids appeared before them, all wearing red helmets and appeared to wield laser guns.

"These are Red Visors," the game spoke "they serve to keep order throughout the game. Here, they will simulate enemies for your combat training. You each have life bars consisting of 4 hits, here you will not loose any. Please standby as we begin the combat simulator."

The Red Visors hold up their lasers as Aria and co prepare to battle. The simulator begins and the Red Visors begin to shoot at them. The team disperses and dodges easily. Reika jumps up and shoots light arrows from her bow taking out 3 of the Visors. Hanabusa easily slides past his before punching them left and right, also taking them out.

Zero uses his sword to deflect the lasers as he ran towards his. Once facing them, he slices their lasers in half before cutting them through. Lastly, Aria focused her mind into her katana before it glowed purple, she ran past the visors quickly. Once past them she sheaved her katana as they disappeared behind her.

The group stand together as Aria smirks "Well, what's next?"