Chapter 31: The Journey Begins

Reika stared at Aria.

"Is something wrong?" Aria asks

"Sensei.." Reika grabs Garmadon by the shoulders "How old is she?"

"Parden?" Garmadon looks confused

"She's hot, is she legal?" Reika clarifies

"Uh," Garmadon looks at Aria before looking at Reika "How old are you?"

"17" Reika replies

Garmadon pats her on the shoulder "She's 16, you're fine."

"Yes!" Reika rushes over to Aria "We might have got off on the wrong foot when you were little, I'm Reika."

"Yes," Aria smiles "Kai's younger sister, so in a way it makes us siblings as well."

"Yes- I mean no," Reika shakes her head "No no no."

"I see," Aria looks down "Sorry"

"Ah no- i didn't mean it like that just-" Reika continued to ramble "You're hot ok- I mean I don't- ahhh Sensei!"

"Don't bring me into this" Garmadon says

"I uh-" Reika turns back to Aria

"While this is very amusing," Garmadon gets their attention "I brought you girls together for a reason."

"Yes, what is it Sensei?" Aria asks

"It is about you Aria, you see now with your father gone you will take over as the dark lord in a sense." Garmadon explains "For that though, you will need your elemental weapon. The Yin and Yang fans. I have got Reika here to join you on your journey."

"Will you be coming as well Sensei?" Reika asks

"Unfortunately I will not," Garmadon replies "I am sure that together you will accomplish your goal, but be warned, the place you will travel to is not a pleasant one."

"Whatever it is I will face it," Aria tells him

"Hm, traveling alone with a pretty girl.." Reika says to herself "No Sensei.." she looks at Garmadon "Count me in!"

"Reika," Garmadon looks at her "as excited as you are, understand I'm sending you there to protect her. Aria is the princess of Ninjago, you can't let any harm come to her."

"Yeah yeah, how bad could it possibly be?" Reika questions

-

"Ahhh!"

The two girls found themselves in the place formally known as Delta, now known as the Shadowlands. They were running away from a beast they have never seen before that was at least 3 times their height.

"You know when I asked how bad this could be, I didn't think it was this bad!" Reika shouts

"Sensei you sent us to our deaths!" Aria shouts at the sky "fuck you!"

"Yeah fuck you Sensei!" Reika agrees, also shouting into the sky

"This way!" Aria grabs Reika's hand and pulls her into a cave

"Holding hands already?" Reika mutters to herself "damn it this isn't the time for a lesbian panic."

The two girls run farther into the cave with the creature still following them. Aria stops and slams her hands into the ground. The cave begins to crumble and the beast shrieks louder.

"We'll be crushed along with that thing!" Reika shouts at Aria

"Not on my watch." Aria grabs her hand again and pulls her farther through the cave

They soon saw an exit, the girls weave past the falling rocks before making it towards the end. Aria's eyes glow purple as she destroyed the remaining of the cave's opening. They could hear the beast shrieking as the cave crumbled, it was soon quiet.

The girls sat on the ground and caught their breath.

"Well," Reika looks at Aria "mark me down as scared and horny."

"Reika," Aria looks at her disapprovingly

"What?" Reika laughs "I'm honest."

Aria stood up and looked behind them.

"You're strange you know that princess," Reika says "Why run around doing stuff like this instead of staying in the castle? Surely the life of a princess is better than a ninja."

"My mother," Aria turns to her "she sent me away. The ninja treat me like family, more then she ever has."

"What?" Reika looks surprised "But, your her precious princess aren't you?"

Aria shakes her head "If I was, I probably wouldn't be here right now.. the truth is my mother use to be in love with a bad man and I am the result of that. Once their love turned sour, her affection for me did as well. I can't remember the last time I've stayed in the palace for more then a few hours."

"That really must've hurt.." Reika looks down

"It did, but if it wasn't for the ninja I probably would be a different person." Aria smiles "When I was little I would cling to Kai a lot, he had a lot of experience raising his siblings I suppose another wasn't a bother to him."

"It's my mistake then.." Reika stands up and turns to Aria "I hated you a lot when I first met you, I thought you were taking my brother from me. But the truth is, you needed him more."

"I'm glad we've gotten to meet again." Aria smiles

"Me too," Reika leans closer to her "You've got a really nice smile too."

"Hm," Aria turns and starts walking "5 points."

"Only 5," Reika whines "noo"

Aria laughs "Come on."