Chapter 122: Farewell the Sea

It's been one year since Nya saved Ninjago and became one with the sea.

Aria hummed as she fixed Lloyd's tie. Lloyd stared down at the floor as Reika stood at the door silently. Reika closed her eyes, feeling comfort in Aria's voice.

"All done," Aria says as she took a step away from Lloyd "you're all set for the meeting."

"Thanks dear," Lloyd replies

Aria looks over at Reika who also seemed down. Aria sighed as she looked out the window at the sea.

"It's almost that time isn't it?" Aria questions

"Nevermind it," Reika says "you'll be late."

Reika opens the door and the two walk out. Lloyd soon stops walking and turns to Aria.

 Lloyd soon stops walking and turns to Aria

"What's the matter?" Aria asks

"It's almost been a full year," Lloyd tells her "Nya wouldn't want you to wear black forever."

Lloyd turns around and continues walking to the meeting room. Aria looks down at her dress before following after him.

"Announcing the arrival of the Princess Regnant Aria and her Prince Consort Lloyd."

Lloyd and Aria entered the meeting hall where the council all stood, bowing to them. Aria took the seat of the Empress as Lloyd sat to her side. The councilman all sat in their seats after them.

"The meeting may commence," Aria says "gentleman, you may speak."

"Your majesty, it has been almost 7 months since your mother has fallen ill," one of the men talk "we may have to consider her lifespan is at its end and make preparations."

"My mother has yet to deem herself as indisposed," Aria replies "until she is better I will remain regnant. In the case that she does not, we will be prepared."

"Our concern Princess, is that their is no royal heir." another spoke "should anything happen to you or the prince concert Ninjago will be lost."

"There should be no concern for that councilman," Aria says "I have no intention of kicking the bucket anytime soon nor does my consort. That is all I will speak of the matter, next topic."

"The ceramony preparations are almost complete," another member spoke up "It was be exactly as your highness wishes."

"Thank you," Aria smiles "I appreciate all your hard work."

"After everything the ninja have done for us it is the least we could do," he replies

The meeting went on with other boring topics until it was adjourned. The royals exited the room to find Reika talking to Kai and Cole.

"Hey there you guys are," Kai smiles to them

"How's it going?" Cole greets

"Cole. Kai. What are you doing here?" Lloyd asks