Chapter 85: The Darkness Comes

Thank you for your patience everyone as I was getting over my sickness.. and then of course had a hurricane at the same time. Twas only a bit of rain though. Hope you enjoy.

Jay stutters "Nya. I-I wanted to ask you this for... a long time. Um, will you... be my Yang?" He holds up his Yin-Yang token.

"No, no, no. You can't ask like that" Kai says

In the Monastery of Spinjitzu, Jay was practicing his Yin-Yang Promise to Nya on Kai.

"You have to ask with confidence. Like this" Kai switches Jay to his position "Hey, Nya, how's it going?" he grabs Jay's hand "I've been thinking. You and me. We make a pretty good pair. So what do you say we make it official?" he slides around Jay, grabs the Yin-Yang token, and spins into a proposal stance and holds out the Yin-Yang token. "Will you be my Yang?"

Jay takes the token and sighs happily "Yes!"

"Errr!" Reika shouts from the side "Wrong!"

Aria chuckles from beside her.

"W-what are you guys doing here?!" Jay panics "When did you get here?!"

"About a minute ago," Reika replies

"That sounded egotistical and not as half as romantic when Lloyd and I proposed." Aria tells them

"You're right," Jay sighs "it feels too—I don't know, cocky."

Dareth slides into doorway "Who's cocky?"

"Kai" Aria answered

"Nobody" Kai corrects "Jay's trying to find the right way to ask Nya to be his Yang"

"Seriously?! You and Nya?! Wow!" Dareth shouts "The Yin-Yang Promise is a beautiful and sacred tradition, Jay. Congratulations" he gasps in excitement "Ah! I'm so excited to be part of it. Eh-hee. I-I am part of it, right?"

"Yes, Dareth" Jay answers and Dareth pounds his fist excitedly.

"If he ever asks Nya" Kai says

Nya walks into the doorway "Ask me what?"

Everyone gasps.

Jay breaks out of his trance "Um" He passes token to Kai behind Dareth "Ask you where you got that shirt. Because it's awesome! I want one"

"It's a kimono, Jay. A traditional gown worn by women," Nya responds "I made Aria one awhile ago that you guys said showed off too much skin, remember?"

"Oh yeah," Jay laughs nervously

"Uh, so, where's Master Wu?" Kai asks

"In the courtyard, supervising the new mural" Nya replies

Dareth slides in front of Jay "Ooh, ooh, I want to see" he walks out with them following.

Everyone gazes at the mural.

"Wow" Jay says

Kai smiles "Will you look at that"

"It is the history of Ninjago." Wu tells them "A history in which all of you played a significant role."

"Hey look I'm even on here!" Reika points out excitingly

"Rightfully by my side," Aria smiles

"Where else would I be?" Reika questions

"Up my-"

Lloyd covers Aria's mouth "I don't want to know the end of that sentence darling."

Suddenly, a portal from The First Realm opens up above the Monastery. Firstbourne flies out and crashes below the Monastery. Everyone runs down the steps.