Chapter 90: Questing for Quests

The ninja were out looking for quests while Aria was visiting her mother and brother at the palace.

"Hello dearest," Layla greets as Aria walks into the room her family was in

"Hello mother," Aria smiles

"Had to get away from the idiots for a bit?" Zero questioned, hiding a laugh.

"Very much so," Aria answers as she sat down next to her brother. "How has it been without our idiots?"

"Peaceful," Layla tells her "there's no daily whining or lectures-"

"Other then the ones mother gives me," Zero interrupts earning a pinch from Layla "ow- mother"

"Don't disrespect your mother young man," Layla says before turning to Aria "So, any news yet?"

"News of what?" Aria asks

"An heir," Layla replies

Aria spit out her water as Zero started laughing.

"You're telling me you two haven't done anything yet?" Layla asks

"That's not something I want to discuss," Aria blushes

"He hasn't even touched you has he?" Zero questions with a smirk, Aria pinches her brother and he yelps. Zero looks at her annoyed and mutters "Like mother like fricken daughter."

"You do have a very honorable man dearest," Layla says "perhaps he is waiting for the wedding. Which wouldn't go against tradition."

"You had me without you and dad ever getting married," Aria looks at her mother

"Shush child," Layla flicks her daughter's forehead "I wasn't the Empress back then now was I?"

"Yeah yeah," Aria sighs

Meanwhile, the ninja were on their way back from searching for quests with Reika.

"So, how do I even start it?" Lloyd questions

"What do you mean how do you start it?" Nya questions

"Yeah man, just ask her." Jay says "That's what I did."

"Ok, didn't need to know that." Cole comments

"Neither did I," Kai says before looking at Lloyd "Look kid, you're overthinking this. Aria's totally in love with you, and as overprotective as I want to be over this you two are adults. I'm sure Aria wants to do it with you as much as you do."

"I feel awkward about this whole thing," Lloyd sighs "Like i'm doing something wrong."

"It's not wrong, it's natural," Nya tells him "like we've pointed out before. Aria's a beautiful girl-"

"With big ass tits," Reika cuts in

"Thanks for that sis," Nya looks at her annoyed before turning back to Lloyd "Any man would be attracted to her, you just happen to be the one that got her."

"Just be confident Lloyd," Kai says

"Yeah but-"

"For the love of god tater tot just fuck her," Reika tells him bluntly "she's horny too."

"Inappropriate Reika!" Kai shouts at her

"Wait so she does wanna do it?" Lloyd asks "You know for sure?"

"Yeah," Reika crosses her arms "Do you know how many months she's been telling me she thinks you might not be attracted to her cause you don't do anything?"

"Of course I'm attracted to her!" Lloyd blushes "I mean- look at her."

"Yeah, she's hot." Reika puts her hand on his shoulder "Just do it, stop being a wus, but be romantic and sweet about it. Don't make it seem rushed, take your time."

"Ok," Lloyd nods

"He's gonna screw it up," Cole says

"Confirmed," Zane nods

The ninja and Reika arrive back at the Monastery as Aria exited her carriage, Hanabusa helping her out.

"Wifey!" Reika runs up and hugs her "You look hot today~"

"Thanks dear," Aria smiles

Kai walks over to them "You just come back from the palace?"

"Yes," Aria nods "I was asking my mother and brother for advice."

Nya shakes Lloyd out of his trance, who was just staring at Aria till this point.

"Lloyd," Nya snaps in front of his face "you're fiance's home."

"ah-" Lloyd stumbles over to her "h-how was your visit dear?"

"Good," Aria replies "did you guys find anything to do?"

"No," Lloyd sighs "nobody has any need for us."

"Give it some time," Aria smiles "we'll find something eventually." she kisses his cheek and Lloyd smiles

"Lloyd come here hurry!" They hear Jay shout from the living room

The group walks to the living room. Kai hands Lloyd a soda and points to the TV.

"I'm here with Ninjago's foremost archaeologist, Clutch Powers, who's discovered an unknown pyramid buried deep in the Desert of Doom. Professor Powers, what can you tell us about the pyramid?"

"Absolutely nothing, Gayle. I haven't been inside and I don't plan to" Clutch Powers replies

Gayle Gossip looks confused "But... I thought⁠—"

Clutch Powers takes the microphone "You wanna know what's inside? Traps, booby-traps. Bunkloads of them. Pitfalls and blow darts and fake tiles that collapse when you step on them. Big boulders that drop on you, no thank you"

Lloyd leans forward, watching closely. Nya nudges Cole awake.

"But... isn't that your job, as an archaeologist to you know, explore and go on dangerous quests?"

"Technically, yes. What's your point?" Clutch Powers says

Everyone looks at Lloyd as he gazes at the T.V.

"Well, someone has to go inside"

"It would take a Ninja to survive what's in there" Clutch Powers argues "Do I look like a ninja?!"

"No"

"Point made" Clutch Powers dashes away from the camera

Lloyd jumps up "That's it! That's our quest!"

"I'll pack my bag!" Nya shouts

Cole stands up "Sunscreen! Bring lots of sunscreen!"

"Ooh, this is going to be so much fun!" Jay squeals in delight

"Ninja, GOO!!" The ninja run off to prepare.

"They're acting like teenagers on spring break," Reika sighs "I can't beliv- Aria?"

Reika stopped, seeing Aria staring at the tv.

Gayle Gossip sighs "Well, there you have it. Gayle Gossip broadcasting from a mysterious secret pyramid, that's... gonna stay secret, because no one's going in" she walks off, muttering "And I got my hair done, especially for this case. What a bust"

The camera zooms in on a template displaying a snake figure with fire symbols.

"Smells like trouble?" Reika questions seeing Aria's concerned face

"Yep," Aria turns to her "and where trouble is, we follow."