Chapter 80: Two Lies, One Truth

The lore my dear readers, be ready for the lore(I definitely don't have markiplier in my head screaming THE LORE right now XD) I honestly didn't have to make it this good. Or at least my beta reader approves of the lore so I mean, gimme your opinions too.

The citizens run away while the Sons of Garmadon takes over the city.

"It's chaos out there." Nya shuts the door "But we're safe for now."

"Yeah for now," Reika repeats

"All right" Lloyd turns to Mistaké "are you gonna tell us how you turned into a rat?"

Mistaké slurps tea "Ahh. The rat is easy! How about this?" She transforms into Wu and they gasp "Not too shabby for an old woman" she changes back into herself and giggles.

"You're an Oni, a real Oni," Lloyd says "like Aria and her parents."

"Hold on," Reika turns to Lloyd "Aria's not a pure blooded Oni."

"What do you mean?" Lloyd looks confused

"That aside, we were told that Oni are dangerous and all they want to do is destroy!" Dareth shouts

"We are." Mistaké confirms "You don't want me on your bad side."

Nya looks at her "How did you get here? When—"

"During the time of legend. When she crossed over in pursuit of the First Spinjitzu Master. " Lloyd says "When he fled the Realm of Oni and Dragon."

Mistaké nods "Mm. You listen well, Master Garmadon. Since your grandfather was born of both worlds, our mission was to follow him into this realm and turn him to our side! Or destroy him. But he wouldn't serve. And I fell in love with this world he created. 

My fellow Oni wanted to complete our mission, but I turned on them, and I have helped the First Spinjitzu Master ever since. Did you ever wonder how Master Wu and Garmadon have lived so long? It is our Oni blood." Mistaké chuckles

"How have you kept this secret for so long?" Skylor asks

"Transformation is a powerful ability" Mistaké replies

"But if I'm part Oni, why can't I do that?" Lloyd asks

"Transform? You've been doing it all your life! From a bratty child to the destined Green Ninja and now to our great leader of The Resistance" Mistaké says "But now to endure your father, you must transform again."

"Into what?" Lloyd asks

"There is but one final step for you, young Master. Have faith." Mistaké tells him "You will figure it out."

"Can I ask you something else then?" Lloyd questions

"You may," Mistake nods

"How can Aria transform into a dragon then if she's not a full Oni?" Lloyd asks

"Hm," Mistake looks over to him "are you sure you're ready for the truth?"

"Please," Lloyd replies "I want to know."

"Me too," Reika agrees

"It is a tale from the beginning," Mistake begun "when the fist Dragons and Oni walked the realm."

-

Aria sat in front of Firstborne as she told the tale.

"There were 3 dragons, one being myself, that roamed the land. Me and my comrades soon learned that we were not alone in this realm. In a desolate land where the sun didn't shine lived the Oni. Beings of evil that wanted to shroud the land in their darkness. We were constantly at odds with each other."