Chapter 27: The Last Hope

Wu walks out to see the Ninja are celebrating their restored powers by shooting down coconuts.

"Enough! Are you trying to reveal our hidden location?" Wu shouts angrily

"Sorry sensei" the ninja apologize

"Be wary of overconfidence, Ninja. While it is true your powers can defeat the Stone Warriors, only Lloyd alone has the power to defeat Garmadon. When it is all over, then we will see who laughs last" Wu lectures

"Yes, Sensei" the ninja agree

-

"Why do you look so upset princess," the Overlord asks

Aria looked out from her cage at the Overlord "Why haven't you killed me yet?"

"Now why would I do that?" the Overlord chuckles "You are my daughter after all."

"You're wrong," Aria stands up and holds onto the bars of her cage "I'm not your daughter.. you have the wrong girl. My father left when I was younger, my mother despises him."

"Oh yes," the Overlord says "Layla holds quite the grudge doesn't she? I'm sorry to disappoint you darling, but I didn't leave you. Your mother might have raised you this time, but you were my little girl."

"..you know my mother." Aria holds her breath

"Princess, I told you," the Overlord chuckles again "I am your father."

"No.." Aria looks down and shakes her head "No no no."

"Your powers are proof of that," the Overlord floats towards her "you're my own flesh and blood, I made you. Didn't you ever question it? The darkness."

"I'm a ninja," Aria says to herself "I'm nothing like him."

"Deep inside, you've always felt who you are," the Overlord chuckles "and you know it."

Aria began to cry as the Overlord exited the cave where her cell was.

-

Risking everything, the 4 Ninja disguise themselves as Stone Warriors, and escort Misako to Lord Garmadon's camp, pretending to have captured her.

At the Army's camp, the Army is building the Garmatron.

"To combat the ninja's new power, we have honored your request to step up defenses" Kozu, a stone warrior general, reports in his language

Garmadon laughs "Hehehe, I like what I see"

"Why build your forces, when all of your attention should be on completing the ultimate weapon?" The Overlord asks returning to camp

"What good is an ultimate weapon if I'm not around to use it? Do not question my motives!" Gamadon grumbles

"It is not your motives I question but your resolve." the Overload says "I fear you're hesitating as the hours count down to facing your son"

"Never doubt my evil again! Not if you wish to remain my ally when I rule!" Garmadon turns to the Stone Army "Get back to building the ultimate weapon! And do not stop until it is complete."

"That is the Garmadon I am counting on" the Overlord says 'while my true ultimate weapon has yet to awaken'

Meanwhile, the Army opens the gates to let in Misako, led by the ninja disguised as Stone Warriors.

Misako grunts "Unhand me, you fiends!"

"Unt tin Klata vu!"

Cole whispers "Uh, what did he say?"