Chapter 67: The Jade Princess; Destruction of the Palace

Aria is walking down the hall with Zero when she notices Harumi's room open. She peeks in and sees Lloyd jump out the window.

"Is something wrong sister?" Zero asks

"Harumi is missing," Aria replies turning towards him

"What?!" Hutchins rushes up to them "Did I hear that right?"

"Yes, we should go find my dear sister," Aria says turning around, her eyes glow purple "before she gets hurt."

-

"Rumi, I should get you home" Lloyd says with a smile

"Yes. You should be home, your Highness"

They turn around and they gasp "Hutchins!"

"Look Rumi and I were just going for a walk" Lloyd defends

"Rumi? A walk?" Hutchins frowned

"This is a dangerous part of town," Aria pops out from behind Hutchins, she walks to Harumi "It's not a place for a princess."

"Aria?" Lloyd looked surprised

"Sister.." Harumi looks nervous

"It's troubling to see you two are on a first name basis. The streets are not safe at night, your Highness. I must insist you return with me, at once" Hutchins insists and they start walking away

Aria turns and follows them as Lloyd runs up to her.

"Your sister just wanted to help the people," Lloyd tells her "don't let her be punished too harshly."

"She's not my sister," Aria replies spitefully as she crosses her arms "as my boyfriend you should be more worried about how this could affect me."

"What?" Lloyd looked genuinely confused "How this could affect you?"

"The crown princess's boyfriend was spotted in a suspicious part of town with nobody else but her proclaimed sister," Aria says "It'd be all over the news."

"I didn't mean for it to look like that," Lloyd tells her honestly with a sad look "I'm sorry."

Aria sighs and puts her hand on his cheek "get that puppy dog look off your face, just be more careful."

"I will," Lloyd nods

Lloyd put his arm around her as they walked back to the palace, he made sure to be on guard. Aria smiles watching him protect her, she knew he truly cared. The next day Aria and Zero were walking around the palace as the ninja protected the Oni Mask.

"You haven't gotten to talk to them yet have you?" Zero asks

"No and I'm getting bored," Aria replies "I wanna know what they've been doing all these years. My brother's always have the best stories after their journeys.. also.."

"You wanna know if they found anything on Wu," Zero says

"Yeah," Aria nods in response "I lost one father figure, I wasn't ready to loose another so soon."

Zero side hugs her as Harumi appeared in the end of the hallway.

"Zero, mother's looking for you," Harumi tells him "She's in the audience hall."

"Alright," Zero sighs, he smiles to Aria before heading out

Aria and Harumi stare at each other before Aria goes to walk in the opposite direction.

"Aria.." Harumi calls out, Aria turns to her as she smiles "Can we talk?"

Aria crosses her arms "Alright."