Chapter 63: A Time of Traitors

The group arrives back at the cave where the other ninja were watching over Zane.

"You're back," Jay says happily

"And you've brought Aria," Cole adds

Lloyd approaches them "How did your family meeting go?"

"Fine," Aria replies with a smile "my sister's failing at winning my mother's favor."

"That's good," Lloyd says

"How's Zane?" Aria asks worriedly

"He still hasn't come back online yet," Lloyd shakes his head "but we're hopeful."

"As we should be," Aria says placing her hand on his shoulder "He'll come around."

"Jay," Nya calls to him "come here."

Jay looks confused before walking over.

"You guys watch over Zane," Nya tells Lloyd "we need to talk to Aria."

"About what?" Lloyd asks concerned, turning to Aria "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Aria nods "I just need to talk to them, ok?"

"Ok.." Lloyd replies hesitantly

"Come on Tater Tot," Reika pushes him towards Zane

Aria smiles before following Nya and Jay into another part of the cave, away from the others.

"So, what's this about?" Jay asks

"Aria remembers her past life," Nya tells him "and it has to do with Nadakhan."

Jay gasps "You remember Nadakhan too?"

"Yeah," Aria replies "In my past life, I created Nadakhan to fulfil my wish. Nadakhan was unable to pass on and forced to live his life in the teapot until I completed my final wish. When Nya was talking about wanting to choose her own path, it made me realize that all Nadakhan wanted was to pass on, he wanted to be with Delara."

"Then why'd he go all crazy wanting to marry Nya?" Jay questioned

"I know I looked like Delara and somehow he would get infinite wishes, but why?" Nya asks

"He wanted to make me remember my past life," Aria tells them "He wanted me to remember what it was I created him for. After you reversed time I went after him, I did what he wanted, I wished to remember.."

"Oh Aria," Nya hugged her

"Nadakhan finally got to rest," Aria smiles "he's with Delara now."

"Good to know," Jay smiles as well "but you remember everything now?"

"Yeah.. everything.." Aria confirms

"So you know about the time brothers?" Nya asks "You know exactly what happened back then?"

"I do," Aria nods "but their's a lot of memories in this head, it's a bit much."

"We understand," Jay says "but.. were you a bad guy? I'm not asking to be nosy, it's just I know you've been stressing over that for awhile."

"Well," Aria smiles "you'd be happy to know I did it for the right reasons." Nya and Jay seemed shocked by her response, Aria looked down "I did it to protect my brother."

Nya and Jay both hug her.

"One thing I can say is I can see myself slipping between who I was and who I am," Aria sighs "but I think I'm satisfied with both."

"How.. was your relationship with your mother in your past?" Nya asks hesitantly

"My mother was very loving when I was first born," Aria tells them "After my brother was born she seemed to change. She was very jumpy and nervous, until he disappeared. My father took him."

"You went with your father to protect Zero" Nya says, seeming to have connected the dots "That's when your mother became heartless, she didn't want a bond with you to protect herself when you inevitable fought."

"My mother understood my destiny at the time as much as I did," Aria replies "I needed to protect my brother, I don't think I would've changed anything."

"That doesn't explain why your mother's a total bitch now," Jay says annoyedly

"She's afraid I will turn on the city," Aria tells him "but she's warming up.. I think."

"That's good," Nya says "but it doesn't matter what happened in the past, you're a ninja now."

"And I couldn't be happier," Aria agrees

"Hey, he's rebooting!" they hear Cole shout

The three run over to the table where Zane is in the process of rebooting himself.

"He's ok!" Aria cheers

Lloyd and Aria hug each other happily.

"Told ya he'd be fine," Aria says to him

"Yep you were right," Lloyd smiles "as always."