Chapter 99: Would You Like to Enter Prime Empire?

Aria huffed as she threw her papers down on the desk. Reika looked up from her work.

"What's the matter?" Reika asks "I thought planning your wedding was fun?"

"It seemed like fun," Aria sighs "when Lloyd and I were doing it together."

"Your mother seems excited," Reika sets her papers down and bends down beside Aria "you know he had no choice but to go with the guys."

"I wanted to go too," Aria says as she rests her head on her fist "I'm still a ninja after all. I should be going after the bad guys, not sitting at a desk in a castle."

"I'm sure the guys feel the same way," Reika smiles "just wait, it'll all be worth it. If not you can always marry me instead."

Aria chuckles and nudges Reika "we're already hypothetically married."

"Does this mean I have to share our hypothetical child with Lloyd too?" Reika jokes

"Hm I suppose so," Aria giggles "he'll be their hypothetical step-father."

"Damn," Reika says before laughing

Aria sighs and leans back in her chair when suddenly, a power surge flows through the city.

"What was that?!" Reika looks around

Aria stood up immediately as Zero, Kaname, and Hanabusa rushed into the room.

"Princess," Hanabusa pants as he leans over to catch his breathe

"What happened?" Aria turns to them

"You're going to want to see this," Kaname tells her gesturing to the door

Reika and Aria follow the boys to Zero's game room, all the game's screens were now showing the exact same game.

"Prime Empire?" Reika reads confused as they approach the nearest arcade game.

"After the power surged every single game changed to this," Zero tells them

"That's strange," Aria walks to the back of the game to investigate, she turns back to them after a bit "It seems nothing about the game has changed itself."

"And yet they've all turned into Prime Empire," Kaname says suspiciously.

"Well.." Aria looks at her brother "play it."

"You want me to play it?" Zero asks confused.

"Well if the outside of the game hasn't changed, we should try the game itself," Reika points out

Kaname and Hanabusa look at Zero as he sighs and approaches the game. The group stands around as Zero began to play, within 30 minutes he had reached level 13.

The game suddenly speaks "Would you like to enter Prime Empire?"

"Would you like to enter Prime Empire?" Hanabusa repeats

"Select yet," Layla spoke from the doorframe

"Ah!" the group jumps and looks at her

"Well," Layla says impatiently "do it."

Zero selects yes, a bright light shines and the game itself opens.

"It.. opened.." Zero says shocked

"It looks like a new villain has entered the ring," Aria stares at the opening

"Well," Layla walks towards them "it seems you better get to work dearest."

Aria looks at her mother and smiles "You can count on me!"

"You all go with her," Layla turns to the others

"Yes!" Reika cheers

"Yes Ma'am," Zero and Hanabusa agree excitedly

"Empress Layla," Kaname turns to her "We don't know what's in there."

"Which is why it's important the ninja check this out," Layla states "Kaname I want you to stay here and get in touch with Wu. Hanabusa, Zero, and Reika will go with Aria."

"But ma'am-"

"Before she is the crown princess, Aria is a ninja," Layla says putting a hand on Kaname's shoulder "She will be safe."

"Thanks mom," Aria says

"If anything happens to her in there I will turn you all into worms and feed them to my raven," Layla tells the other three darkly before smiling "got it?"

"Y-Yes ma'am," Reika and Hanabusa stutter trying to hide behind each other

Zero stares at Layla annoyed "I'm your son.."

"I said what I said," Layla replies as she pushes Kaname out of the room with her.

The four look at each other before walking through the game, the door shutting tight behind them. Their jaws drop as they walk out into a futuristic tech city.

"We're really in a video game.." Zero says looking around

Aria walks ahead of the group as they follow behind her, staring at the new world in shock.

"Wifey," Reika runs up beside her "is this really happening?"

"Yeah.." Aria smiles "we're finally out of the castle!"

"That's not.." Reika shakes her head "nevermind."

The group stops as a screen popped up in front of them.

"Would you like to take the tutorial?"