Chapter 24: The Day Ninjago Stood Still

The Ninja are training Lloyd to fight without using his eyes in Dareth's Dojo. Aria sat in the corner reading a book.

"Don't rely on your eyes. Use your ears" Cole instructs

"Uh, guys, I'm teaching a class later, so I'd appreciate a clean dojo" Dareth says as he entered the room

The Ninja ignore him and kept fighting, knocking Jay into his collection of fake trophies.

"Ah! No, no, no! No, no, no! No! No, no, no!" Dareth shouts

He opens a window and Jay gets thrown out. Lloyd uses his Fire powers and set a small patch of carpet on fire.

"No, no, no, no!" Dareth puts it out and sighs.

"Hey, open the window! Let me in!" Jay shouts from outside

They are interrupted by a strong earthquake, and Zane sends his Falcon to scout for danger while Wu and Misako ran into the dojo.

Gayle on TV "NGTV reporter Gayle Gossip on the scene of what appears to be an earthquake rocking the city of Ninjago. But it's an earthquake like no other, as scientists have yet to pinpoint the cause. And more frightening still, the aftershocks are getting stronger."

"What do you think this could be?" Cole questions

"Wouldn't be surprised if it was Garmadon. We haven't seen him for a while" Kai replies

"He would never. Lloyd's father is evil, but he would never do anything to put his son in harm's way" Misako tells them

Wu nods "Misako's right, he only tried to thwart his training. This is something else"

"But what is it?" Aria questions

"Never mind that, for now we need to protect the citizens" Wu tells them

The city is panicking from the earthquake. A women runs to save her dog, but the ground falls under her. The ninja form a chain to reach the woman. Another chunk of the ground falls down. Cole pulls them all up.

"These things keep coming with no warning" Kai says

"That's it, a warning" Misako remembers "The scrolls said the earthquakes would be a warning. A warning for something far worse to come"

"Far worse? What could be far worse?" Jay asks regretfully

Stone Warriors start to appear out of the ground.

"We're under attack!" Wu shouts

"Jay!" Aria shouts "you damn jinx!"

Jay turns to the ninja "Hey she's cursing at me! Who taught her that?!"

Lloyd, Wu, and Misako get the Ultra Sonic Raider.

"We have to protect the people. Gather as many as you can and get them to our evacuation point!" Wu shouted

Nya appeared on the Raider's screen "We've got problems with that evacuation point, guys. I can't find a safe place to land!"

"Oh my" Wu says looking around at he stone worriers

"Oh no, where is Nya supposed to land the bounty now?" Jay asks

"The NGTV office building has a helipad on the roof" Aria suggests

"Yes. Higher ground." Wu agreed "Lloyd, tell Nya to head there"

They all ran to the NGTV building. The Stone Warriors closing in fast, Aria's eyes glow purple.

Lloyd turns around "Aria-"

Aria send blasts of energy at the Stone warriors, it sends them flying back. 

"Good job, now lets go" Lloyd grabs her arm and pulls her into the building

Everyone runs up the stairs, the stone warriors hot on their tails.

"Lightning up!" Lloyd shouts, him and Jay used lightning to push them down

"that won't destroy them,  let's go" Aria says grabbing Lloyd's arm and pushing him up in front of her

Aria sends burst of dark energy down, the first few stone warriors got cracked.

"...She damaged them" Kai says shocked "she actually damaged them"

"Don't just stand there, move!" Aria shouts

They got to the top of the building, everyone cheers while Nya lands the ship.

"Hurry, they're coming" Lloyd says hurrying everyone onto the ship

"My research!" Misako shouts before turning to go back

Lloyd grabs her "No, Mom. It's too dangerous to go back"

"It's too important to leave behind" she kisses him and runs off.

"They just keep coming!" Kai shouts

A Warrior breaks one of the boosters.

Nya gasps "Oh, no. This is bad. We have everyone. We've gotta get out of here. Our only remaining booster won't last much longer."

"We have to wait for my mom" Lloyd says worriedly

Wu goes to jump off the ship but Aria stops him.

"Watch after them sensei" Aria says before jumping off the ship

The Bounty flies off. Misako grabs her research, but can't climb up from the railings.

"Misako!" Aria shouts

Misako looks up at her "I can't hold on..."

"Misako, hang on!" Aria fights a few Stone Warriors.

Misako falls, but Aria grabs her and pulls her up, they run into another room and barricade the doors.

"You know your mother would be really proud of you" Misako tells her

"Heh, my mother wouldn't be proud of anything.. but thank you anyway." Aria smiles then faces the door "Wu said you used to do spinjitzu, do you still?"

"He could never beat me" Misako says taking a fighting stance

The warriors bust in and they begin fighting, Aria was able to crack some. They are surrounded by too many Warriors.

"Misako" Aria looks behind her

"What?" Misako looks at her

"Take care" Aria says

Misako looks confused "wha-"

Aria grabs Misako's arm and pushes her off the building, Misako shouts before she land on the Bounty.

"Mom!" Lloyd shouts running over to her

"Misako!" Wu runs over as well

Misako looks up at the building to see Aria standing in front of the Stone Warriors who guide her away from the edge. 

"We can't leave Aria!" Lloyd shouts worriedly "we have to go back!"

"She'll be alright" Misako places her hand on his shoulder "trust me"

Lloyd looks down as Wu's hat falls off, and a picture flies away.

Misako gave Wu his hat back "The past is past"

"But there's always the future" Wu says taking her hand as the Bounty flies out of the city

"We have to go back!" Kai shouts as he runs up to them "Aria's not on the ship."

"Aria sacrificed herself to save me." Misako tells him "But she will not be harmed, not yet at least."

"How can you be so sure?" Jay asks

Wu turns to them "Because, they're taking her to her father."

The ninja all looked shocked.

-

Aria walks onto the beach and looks around at all the stone warriors who were immediately starting to work on something. She seems confused until she hears a voice behind her.

"Hello, Aria."