Chapter 133: An Issue of Trust

"Sensei!"

In the newspaper warehouse, Aria rushed in and hugged Wu, Garmadon walking behind her.

"I'm so glad you are safe," Wu smiles as he hugs her "what about the little ones?"

Aria puts one of her hand over her stomach "they seem to be fine."

"We tried putting out distress calls to our allies, but we've gotten no reply." Wu sighs "I fear we need another way to defeat our enemies."

"Not even my brother responded?" Aria questions

"I'm afraid not," Wu replies

"Master Wu, the ninja are back!" Nelson calls out

They head outside where the ninja were gathered.

"I'm glad to see you're all alright," Aria says as the boys ran up to them

"Us too," Nya agrees "I just wish we had better news."

"We're so sorry about your mother Aria," Kai hugs her

"She was a bitch, now move." Reika says as she pushes Kai off Aria and hugs her.

"Doesn't look like we can count on any help." Jay turns to Wu

"We are not without allies." Wu tells them "Come inside. I have something to show you."

The group heads inside where he shows them Quanish's scroll.

"This is the final prophecy of Quanish the Elder." Wu says

"Quanish?" Garmadon turns to him "Quanish was a fool."

"Hopefully not entirely, for he prophesied that one day, the defenders of Ninjago would achieve a higher form of Elemental Energy." Wu explains "Something he called Dragon Form, which they would use in the final conflict against evil."

"Dragon Form sounds cool." Jay says

"Did he say how this Dragon Form is achieved?" Garmadon questions

"Unfortunately, no." Wu sighs

"Hmph." Garmadon folds his arms "Typical Quanish. Leave out the most important part."

"But these images offer clues." Wu says as he holds up the said images "The first shows someone leaping upwards. The second, kicking backwards. Then turning, and rotating quickly."

"Lemme get this straight." Kai looks at him "To assume Dragon Form, we have to jump up, kick back, whip around, and spin?"

"...Isn't that our theme song?" Aria questions turning to Reika

"Yes, yes it is." Reika nods

Kai, Jay, Cole, and Zane attempt to do so, but fail.

"Anyone feel... dragon-y?" Jay asks

The ninja shake their heads as Aria turns to Wu "Anything about me?"

"Not from Quanish," Wu says as he picks up another parchment "But from my father.. this was addressed to you.. we found it with your mother's things."

"See told you," Garmadon comments

Aria takes the paper from Wu as Reika peers over her shoulder.

Hello, Aria. I have instructed for you to receive this letter when you most in need of it, by now I am sure you know who I am. I was and will forever be, a good friend to your father. He lost his way and for that I am sorry, for I know it will bring you great pain in your life. 

Right now, I am sure it feels like all hope is lost, and you have failed. However, that is not true, the day you were born I knew you were destined for greatness. The weapons you have received are for you and you alone. Forgive this old man for his riddles, but know it is you who has to figure out who you are, it is not for me to say.