Chapter 105: Racer Seven

Aria and Reika pull up to Scott's garage riding their motorbikes. The secret entrance opens and they drive in. Aria parks her bike and hands her keys to Scott as Reika dismounted her bike.

"So what's the problem?" Scott asks

"The engine keeps lagging" Aria tells him

"No problem I can fix that" Scott says

"Thanks Scotty boy," Reika smiles

"How many times do I have to tell you, don't call me that!" Scott looks annoyed

The garage opens and in walks the ninja.

"Welcome back." Aria greets "How did finding the first key-tana go?"

"Good, and we know where to get the next one." Lloyd replies "We're entering the speedway five billion."

"That's the most dangerous race in the game!" Aria walks up to him "You're not doing it!"

"What?!" Lloyd looks surprised "I've been in more dangerous situations then this in Ninjago."

"I don't care." Aria crosses her arms

"Ooo drama," Reika leans against the wall

"Lovers quarrel" Jay whispers to the others

"Jay shut up." Lloyd and Aria say at the same time

"Should've stayed out of it" Nya looks at Jay who looked like a puppy dog who got told off.

"I've done way worse things in Ninjago," Lloyd argues, turning back towards Aria.

"This isn't Ninjago," Aria pokes his chest "If you die, you're gone. We don't know what happens to you. I can't even find my guard and my brother! I'm not loosing my fiancé too."

"Honey," Lloyd takes her hand "you're too tense, relax. We're trained ninja, we can handle this, besides you'll be there too."

"I never agreed to that!" Reika interrupts

"Aria's a ninja too," Lloyd turns to her "we're a team."

"And she's also the future empress," Reika adds as she walks towards them "it's my job to make sure she stays out of danger."

"Says the girl who almost shot me with an arrow," Aria raises an eyebrow

"I knew you'd dodge," Reika smiles

"Hey guys" Nya gets their attention "We're getting to work on the cars"

"Alright I'm gonna check out the Speedway, see what I can learn. The more we know about it, the better our chances" Lloyd says

"And I'm going with you" Aria grabs her helmet "to make sure you're safe."

"Be careful you two, the racetrack will be crawling with Red Visors" Nya warns them

"I'm coming too," Reika grabs her helmet

Lloyd grabs Reika's helmet "No you're staying here."

"Hell no," Reika glares at him

"I can protect my future wife just fine thank you," Lloyd glares back at her

Kai looks between the two before looking at Aria who sighed. The two leave and the Ninja work on their vehicles with Reika's help. At the racetrack, Aria and Lloyd almost immediately run into Red Visors. Lloyd switches to his Avatar for a disguise.

"You should switch to a disguise too dear," Lloyd says "you stand out like a sore thumb."

Aria sighs before switching her avatar.

"And you stick out no matter what," Lloyd covers his face

"What?" Aria tilts her head "You wanted me to change it."

"Yes but you're still hot," Lloyd mutters

They head to the stadium and watch the race. There, they witness the dangerous race and another competitor named Racer Seven. Unfortunately for her, she crashes after being hit by Whack Rats. She gets out of her vehicle and throws her helmet in frustration, which hits a man and causes him to respawn. Lloyd then catches the helmet.

"Lloyd" Aria says pointing behind him

He turns around

"Hey, you! Freeze!" a Red Visor shouts

"Let's go" Lloyd grabs Aria's hand and runs away

"Hey, stop right there!" another Red Visor shouts

Lloyd fights off the Red Visors with the helmet, then escapes. The two arrive at Scott's Garage.

"Well, we gotta do something. We need five vehicles to enter the Speedway, and we've only got four now" Cole tells him

"The race starts tomorrow at dawn. Where are we gonna get another car in twelve hours?" Jay questions

"I might have an idea" Lloyd says "At the Speedway racetrack, I saw a driver there. She was good, really good"

"Oh, Racer Seven? Don't bother." Scott cuts in

"She's an NPC, she's part of the game" Reika explains

"Yeah she's programmed to lose." Aria adds "Every race she wipes out at the fourth mile marker. She's just there to provide a challenge to the other racers, she can't win."

"You mean Unagami programmed her to lose?" Jay asks

"As long as I've been here, she's been racing. Every single race, every one, she wipes out." Scott replies "It's part of her programming."

Nya looks upset "That's terrible"

"Yeah, nobody should be programmed to lose" Jay agrees

"Simp!" Reika calls out

"But she is and we can't change that" Aria says, ignoring Reika "games function a certain way, without the function the game wouldn't work or story's won't progress."

"But Okino broke his programming" Lloyd argues

"And you think Racer Seven can too?" Nya asks

"It's worth a shot" Lloyd replies and turns to Scott "Do you know where I can find her?"

"She eats at a noodle stand in the marketplace after every race" Scott replies "I'm telling you, you're wasting your time"

"We've got nothing to lose" Lloyd exits the garage

"I'm staying here this time" Aria says walking over to her motorbike "How's it looking?"

"Good" Scott walks over "it's all done"

"Great" Aria replies grabbing her helmet

"You're leaving?" Cole asks

"We still got idiots to find," Reika tells him as she grabs her helmet

Aria and Reika start up there bikes and head out of the garage.

"So, we're heading where we were last?" Reika asks as she follows behind Aria

"No," Aria responds "I have another place in mind."