Chapter 64: Back in Time

Aria once again sat across from Zero who seemed nervous. The ninja were busy defending the city from the vermillion attacks while Aria and Zero put their heads together to figure out their next move.

"Even without the remaining essence they'll be able to revive the Iron Doom," Zero says frustrated "we don't have anything to hold over their heads."

"Even if they did try," Aria sighs "I don't think it'd be easy to kill me."

"Don't say that," Zero tells her

"Why can't I just tell the ninja I'm a living essence of time?" Aria asks

"It's too complicated to explain," Zero says "It was the only way for mother to save you back then."

"I turned into a baby," Aria sat back in her chair "I worry about Sensei Wu."

"I know," Zero sighs "but if we can't solve this then who can?"

"Uh, my team." Aria replies

"Your team is fighting the Iron Doom while you sit here,"

The siblings turn to see their mother glaring at them.

"What do you mean?!" Aria panics, standing up.

"Don't make your Empress repeat herself," Layla says turning away from them

Aria runs onto Zero's balcony and transforms into her dragon form.

"Aria!" Zero shouts, she looks at him before he smiles "Go get them big sis!"

Aria roars before flying off towards the ninja. When she arrives she sees a temporal vortex close to closing. Without any other thought Aria heads through the vortex. In the past at the Monastery of Spinjitzu, young Wu and Garmadon send the four Time Blades into the time vortex, with young Acronix and Krux following the blades as the rift closes.

Past Garmadon looks surprised "Did Krux and Acronix just..."

"It appears they chose being lost to time over facing their punishment. The outcome is not as we intended. But Ninjago is now safe" past Wu says

Another time vortex forms and the Iron Doom lands directly in front of the gate of the monastery. Aria turns back into her human form inside the vortex before coming out and landing beside the Monastery. The door to the Iron Doom opens and the future Krux and Acronix step out.

"They look confident. Overly so" Acronix says

"Heya, Ice, am I seeing things or are those the guys we just beat?" the Past Master of Lightning, Jay's mother, questions

"Indeed they are, Lightning" the Past Master of Ice replies

"Why, yes, we are. You have already stopped us once today. But that was before we had a legion spawned from the Great Devourer" Krux laughs

Jay's mother whines "Aw, I thought I was gonna finally go on my honeymoon. Really cute guy, too. Cliff is an actor and when I look into his eyes—"

"Stop! Focus, everyone" Past Wu interrupts

Aria turns and sees her baby brother beside her "ah!"

"Shhh," Zero covers her mouth

"Zero?" Aria whispers confused

"Sissy," Zero glares at her "changing your hair color doesn't hide you from me. I told you not to come."

"I-" Aria blinks, in her past life, she didn't come.

"You're crazy," Zero laughs

"Crazy for my little brother," Aria smiles "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," Zero nods "but they're back."