Chapter 103: The Side Quest

"Man, that last guy was a pain." Jay says as he jumps through the portal

"Well maybe if you didn't try to haggle him, and Reika didn't try to fight him," Aria comments as she jumps through behind him "It would've gone better."

"I wouldn't have tried to fight em if he wasn't a prick," Reika jumps through last

"Not all NPC's are programed to be nice you know," Aria turns to her disapprovingly

"Whatever you say dear," Reika smiles

Aria glares at Jay as he puts his hands up in defense.

"I didn't say anything," Jay says

"You both give me a bigger headache then Lloyd," Aria sighs

Jay looks out in the distance at the desert they landed in "So why do you think this quest is called the chasm?" Reika grabs him before he falls off a cliff "ah!"

"That's why" Reika says pointing down

Aria stands at the edge of the cliff as the other two join her. They look down into the large circular chasm, their was a very slim path leading all the way down.

"We have to go down there?!" Jay shouts "It's so deep!"

"Yeah.." Aria puts a foot over the chasm "Yeet-"

Jay and Reika grab onto her arms in an instant and Aria laughs.

"Don't make me smack you," Reika says annoyed

"Please do dear," Aria winks at her

Reika kneeled onto the ground and held her hand over her chest "Oh god-"

"And you say I'm a simp!" Jay shouts, pointing an accusing finger at her.

"Yeah but my wife's hot," Reika argues as she stands up

"And my wife isn't?!" Jay shouts

"That's my sister, of course she's gorgeous!" Reika crosses her arms

As the two bickered, Aria had already started walking down the pathway to the chasm.

"Wait, Aria!" Jay suddenly shouted and ran after her with Reika following.

The two start heading down the path, the chasm kept going down in circles with seemingly no end. Suddenly a notification popped Infront of them. Side Quest Update: Destroy the Beast Within the Chasm.

"The beast within the Chasm?" Jay looks confused

"That means we're close." Aria tells him as she continues down

"Why do i feel like we shouldn't go down further?" Jay gulps before following after her

"You're not only a simp, you're a wimp," Reika comments as she passed him.

Jay quickly followed after the girls, they soon make it to the floor of the Chasm. Torches on the wall suddenly lit up around them, revealing a giant cave in front of them.

"It's a boss fight." Jay says as he readies his weapon

"No duh," Reika materializes her bow.

Aria summons her katana and holds it up. Soon a health bar appears in front of the cave with the name Ruin Serpent.

"Not another snake!" Jay shouts "Haven't I faced enough snakes in my life?!"

"Apparently not enough." Aria laughs

Soon enough the boss appeared. It was a large mechanical snake that roared at them.

"Pft, terrible game design," Reika snickers "snakes don't roar."

The snake suddenly swung it's tail at them, which they quickly jumped out of the way of.

"I don't think he liked that criticism," Jay tells her

The two quickly move on top of the rocks, the serpent swings its tail at the rocks, they jump away as it's destroyed. Reika took refuge on a ledge of the cave, shooting arrows at it. Jay attacks it's tail a couple times as Aria hits it's body and it takes a good amount of damage. It soon moves and buries under the ground.

Reika aimed her next arrow, watching as the beast moved underground. Aria and Jay stood back to back in the center, waiting. Soon the ground under them moves and they jump away just before the beast jumps up. Aria uses her katana to send energy at it, which knocks in down.

"Now!" Aria shouts

Reika's eyes glowed dark pink as her arrows became the same color. Aria's katana turned black as she ran her finger over the blade. Jay twirled his weapon as it was infused with blue light. The three unleashed their ultimate attacks at once at the snake, it's health immediately vanished and it turned into particles before floating away.

"Yes!" the three joined up and did a group high-five

Side Quest Complete: The Chasm.