Chapter 51: The Temple on Haunted Hill

The ninja arrive on a tour to the Temple.

"Welcome to Yang's Haunted Temple, the historical landmark and former home of Sensei Yang, the notorious sensei without a pupil, infamous for creating the lost martial art of Airjitzu. Unfortunately, we can't take our tour groups inside, for rumors say anyone trapped inside its walls at sunrise, will be turned into a Ghost permanently. But, if you listen closely, maybe we'll be able to hear the Ghost of Sensei Yang himself looking for his lost pupils."

"I HOPE IT'S NOT A RUMOR, FOR IT'S OUR ONLY HOPE!" Zane yells

Aria and Reika cover his mouth as the whole tour group looks at them.

"Ah, sorry about my loud friend." Cole apologizes, laughing nervously "He's a little hard of hearing."

"Known for his unusual teaching methods.." the tour continued

"I thought you said you fixed him?" Kai questions Jay

"At least he's no longer talking backwards." Jay replies, rubbing his head "I guess my tinkering got his volume level stuck, hehe."

"You know I told Lloyd when he was little and I'll say it again," Aria turns to them "Ninja are supposed to be quiet."

"AT LEAST YOU CAN UNDERSTAND ME NOW!" Zane shouts

"Shush!" Aria hushes him

"Well," Cole pats Zane's back "from now on, only speak if you have something really important to say."

Zane nods in response as Kai turns to Cole.

"Who put you in charge?" Kai questions

"I did." Cole replies "After you guys mucked it up, it's my turn to be in charge. And, like me, I like my plans simple. We sneak in, learn Airjitzu from the Ghost of Sensei Yang, then get out before sunup."

"Since Morro already knows Airjitzu, we just have to hope he hasn't figured out the next clue." Kai sighs

"Well, the sun is setting, which means we should head back to the bus." the head of the tour guides the group "Wouldn't want anyone to turn into a Ghost."

The ninja hide in nearby bushes until the tour group was out of sight. The emerge as Cole and Jay try to open the windows.

"Not working?" Kai questions

They hear a loud bang and quickly turn their heads to see the source, Aria kicking open the doors.

"Oh, uh, okay." Cole says

The group enters the temple as the doors close behind them, and lock on it's own. They walk through the halls, soon entering a room.

"Well, If this place is truly haunted," Kai turns to the group "we just need to wait until he shows himself."

"Uh, he should've been here by now." Jay says, looking around the room.

"You heard the tour guide, if we're not out by sunup, we'll be Ghosts." Cole shivers at the thought

"Wimp," Aria mutters

"You didn't buy into that malarkey, did you?" Kai asks

"Hey, I don't wanna be a Ghost." Cole defends himself "Who wants to be a Ghost? Why didn't anyone warn us this place would get so creepy after dark?"

Jay turns to the others "Uh, remind me again why we agreed to put the guy afraid of Ghosts in charge?"

"We didn't," Aria says "he elected himself.. at the worst time."

Zane shows Jay a book "LISTEN TO THIS!"

"Argh! Allow me." Jay takes the book as the others gather around "Ahem. Whoa. It says here though many believed Sensei Yang's unusually strict teachings drove his pupils away, others admit to never seeing any of them leave the temple grounds, suggesting a more sinister plot. Hah! How awesome is that?"