Chapter 47: Succession

The ninja spent some time grieving for their lost Sensei. Lloyd, Reika, Aria, and Wu had felt it the most. They however were not able to grieve for long, a letter arrived for Aria from the palace. The ninja gathered around as she read it.

"What does she want now?" Kai asks looking annoyed

"..my brother has finished his studies." Aria told him as she slowly looked up from the letter  "and he's returning to Ninjago. My mother requested I return to the palace for his homecoming."

"Your brother?" Jay questions

"Prince Zero," Zane tells him, turning to the ninja "We saw him many years ago during the Ninjaball run. He was surrounded by guards at the time, Aria was still a child."

"Oh yeah," Kai says recalling the memory

"I thought Zero still had a few years left," Lloyd said, leaning over Aria's shoulder

Aria looked up at him "Apparently he graduated early, my brother is amazing after all."

"Will you be alright," Lloyd asks concerned "After all your mother.."

"I'll be alright," Aria smiles "Promise."

"Of course, you will," Reika says as she slings her arm around Aria's shoulders "cause I'm coming with you."

"Why?" Aria asks

"Yeah, why?" Lloyd asks suspiciously

"If you're going I'm going too," Kai joins in

"Me too," Jay agrees

"Me three," Cole pipes in

"I as well," Zane nods

"No no," Aria shakes her head "You all don't need to come."

"But we're your family," Lloyd says leaning over Aria's shoulder

"Yes, you are," Aria smiles to them "I couldn't be happier that you are all concerned for me, but I really should go on my own."

"There you go talking all prim and proper," Reika rolls her eyes "Come on wifey curse at me."

"I uh-" Aria looks down "I'm not doing that."

"I know your mother's an ass, but do you need to put on this act for her?" Reika asks

"It's about time you shouldn't care what your mother thinks," Lloyd tells Aria gently.

"Yes, we like you for who you are" Zane agrees

"Yeah, even with your weird relationship with my sister," Kai jokes

"I really must go see her," Aria says

"At least let me come with you," Reika begs "I'm worried, we all are."

Aria looks around at the Ninja's worried expression before sighing with a smile "Alright.."

"Yes!" Reika cheers

Aria went to Sensei Wu to tell him of her plans as Reika and the ninja all looked at each other seriously.

"You better keep an eye out for her," Lloyd says

"That's a given," Reika replies

"But make sure you're on your best behavior too," Kai adds "We don't need to bail you out of jail for insulting the Empress."

"Just a little insult wouldn't hurt," Reika mutters

"No-" Jay tells her

"Unless she deserves it," Zane intervenes