1

A girl clothed in red sat in front of the makeup station.

Her full head of soft hair was held in place with a sparkling phoenix head ornament. Its mouth held a pearl, which dangled on her bright and clean forehead.

A red camellia was inserted next to her temple. The petals were somewhat withered. It wasn't freshly picked from the garden, rather, it had been picked from a flower pot that afternoon.

The garden was already devoid of flowers.

The night was as dark as ink. The sound of thunder was akin to the roar of a beast. Lightning, thunder and heavy rain all amalgamated into a deafening symphony of raindrops crashing onto the ground. She knew even without thinking, that the flowers that weren't under a cover would be struck onto the ground by the rain and the ground would soon be covered by torn and tattered petals.

Jutting joints on thin fingers touched the wilted petals. She thought, No matter how much of a hurry I'm in, I should still be somewhat merry.

The person in the mirror smiled weakly.

I'm getting married today.

Her smile widened but her snow white complexion suddenly froze. In the blink of an eye, her expression turned into a lifeless mask.

In the next moment, her facial muscles started moving again and her smile started to fade away.

Foolish eyes revealed a curious yet calm light.

Ling Miaomiao slouched into her chair as she carefully examined the face in the mirror: Pale-white skin, slender eyebrows, large round eyes, thin lips and a sharp but thin chin.

They had the appearance of a jade beauty from a humble household. If those glistening, lustrous eyes were a little closer together, she could have become a fox-like beauty with eyes that could electrify people, and even walk the path of becoming a country-toppling beauty.

It was unfortunate that Ling Yu's eyes were a little too far apart. They gave people a sense of warmth and an illusion of harmlessness.

Even if she glared and narrowed her eyes, it only made her look pitifully cute.

Ling Miaomiao sighed, I don't have the fate of becoming a female lead, I can see it just from this face.

She lightly stroked her chin as she knit her brows.

Ling Yu was too skinny. So skinny that it made people feel discomfited just by looking at her.

Since time immemorial, full-bodied women were considered to have good fortune.

According to what the old generations say, this face of hers meant she had a miniscule amount of fortune and a short-lived existence.

Ling Miaomiao stood up, allowing the red marriage dress to cascade down the ground.

The bronze mirror in front of her, blurrily reflected her figure.

Her marriage had been set up in a hurry, and she'd no idea where this wedding dress came from. It didn't fit her at all.

Silver needles were used to compartmentalize her waist and the cuffs were much too big, it went past her hands.

Wearing the dress on herself, the golden embroidery was hidden in the folds and couldn't be seen clearly.

Ling Yu was skinny like a bean sprout. She had been used to lowering her head and slouching her shoulders forward, so she looked very cowardly.

Miaomiao forcefully straightened her back, and looked at the mirror through the corner of her eye. Seeing a frowning, impatient face staring right back at her, she became startled and immediately tried to smoothen her eyebrows. Perhaps her first impression of Ling Yu was so bad, she also naturally moved this dislike onto her body. She definitely couldn't let this go on.