11

"I haven't seen him."

He didn't raise his eyes but still replied with his mouth. He paused for a moment before he curled up his mouth into an innocent smile, "This is Miss Ling's home. If you can't find him, how could I, a guest, possibly find him?"

Pretend, continue pretending. Ling Miao gnashed her teeth mentally.

"Then, Young Noble Mu wouldn't care if I take a look around this room right?" Ling Miaomiao tried to walk forward but was stopped by an arm. Mu Sheng still sat in his original position as he very naturally blocked her. He lifted up his pair of moist black pupils, "Is Miss Ling blind? Where could a person possibly be in this room?"

"You don't need to worry about that, Young Noble Mu." Miaomiao squeezed out a fake smile, "You can just sit here, you don't need to do anything. When I've found him, I'll come help you look for the hairpin. How's that sound?"

She skirted around Mu Sheng's extended arm.

He suddenly stood up and leaned over with his arm blocking her from the waist. She was caught off guard and accidentally threw herself into his shoulder. Taking advantage of the opportunity, Mu Sheng pulled her into his embrace. Into a very rigid hug.

He smelled of white plum blossoms. The fragrance lingered in her nose.

"Miss Ling, don't throw a fit like a child." He patiently exhorted her, speaking right beside her ear. However, his tone was very taut.

Ling Miaomiao struggled with all her strength for a while without being able to break free,
"You..."

Her face was ashen and the two words 'old rascal' nearly jumped out of her mouth when she suddenly saw a dark green hand extend from behind Mu Sheng's back silently.

The hand was very thin like firewood, and the dark green hand looked like it had been dyed before. It slithered out like a snake from behind his back and it's nails were about an inch long. Ling Miaomiao felt a stream of cold air brush past her neck.
This was obviously... a female's hand.

The back of Ling Miaomiao's head felt cold as she shrieked out loud, "Wahhhh!" In the next moment, carried by Mu Sheng, they rapidly moved backwards, getting far away from that claw.

He had knocked away the hand in a y frantic state, pushing it's owner staggering all the way to the door.

She saw the metal bracelet of Mu Sheng's right wrist come crashing down onto the forehead of the black figure behind them. She could finally see this 'person'.

She was a dried up female zombie that wore thin silk clothes.

Her hair came down like a mop and her skin had already turned brown. Ling Miaomiao squinted her eyes, not willing to look at its face at all.

Through the thin slit between her eyelids, she saw the female zombie's head suddenly skew to the side with a ripping noise.

The air felt cold for a moment, making her feel like breathing was difficult.

No wonder the west sideroom was always gloomy and cold, somehow a zombie had been living in there for a long time!

Mu Sheng's eyes grew deep. His hand began to move rapidly in layers. 'Bang bang bang' three fire flowers exploded one after another like fireworks, causing an orange glow to light up the room. Immediately afterward, the flame turned blue and started spreading ferociously over the dried up zombie's body. Before long, it had turned into a ball of fire.

The air in the room seemed to ripple as if there was a person screaming at an extremely high frequency. Buf it one were to listen more carefully, it was quiet. The only sound that could be heard was the sound of the window shuddering like some horrifying force continuously battered it.