20

"This humble one is Imperial Censor Guo Xiu from the Ministry of Rites... ugh... I'm very grateful to you heroes for saving me. May I know your names? When we return to Chang An, I must show my great gratitude."

Last night, the big ole man in a terrible state, who teetered on the edge of life and death, had now dried up in the sun and regained his refined, noble appearance.

Mu Yao thought of his vile actions the night prior that lead to half an entire ship of innocent people losing their lives. As such, her face turned cold. From beginning till the end, she didn't raise her head the slightest bit: "Killing demons and removing devils is natural for Demon Hunters, there's no need to express gratitude."

Liu Fuyi didn't have a good expression on his face either as he faced him. His reply was neither warm nor cold: "Many thanks for your wonderful intentions. We were originally already heading to Chang An..."

"That's wonderful then!" A smile was piled on top of Guo Xiu's face, "This lowly official was also going to enter the palace. I can still help recommend you all and arrange food and room for you all..." He paused, seemingly thinking of something, and lowered his voice: "Dare I ask, if you all are going to Chang An for... His Majesty Duanyang's matter?"

Mu Yao and Liu Fuyi looked each other in the eye. Mu Yao coldly replied: "Our informer wants their matters to be kept a secret. It's not convenient to speak about it."

Guo Xiu touched his nose, feeling a bit embarrassed.

He was a near two meter tall man, both tall and well-built. When he stooped over like that, it was like a dark cloud was right above their heads. No matter how one looked at him, he didn't look like an official. He looked more like a kidnapping mountain bandit.

Liu Fuyi felt him to be an eyesore. He lifted his sleeve and pointed at a clear path: "This way is to Apricot Town on the edge of the bamboo forest. If you just continue east, you'll find yourself in Apricot Town. We have an injured person with us and our speed of traversal will be quite tedious. Sir Guo, how about you head on ahead by yourself?"

The clothes hanging off of Guo Xiu's body were in tatters and his face was also covered in wounds. He had experienced such harrowing dangers, it was already quite good that he didn't just ignore them completely.

He couldn't even change out of his clothes. He had reached his bearable tolerance levels long ago and now he secretly felt delighted inside.

He sneered: "Then, this lowly official will gladly accept your proposal... shall I wait respectfully at Chang An for you honorable figures?"

"Did you have enough fun watching the excitement?"

Miaomiao felt her sleeve getting pulled on by the black lotus, and it was only then that she recovered her senses. However, she was too late in storing away the look of schadenfreude on her face.

Mu Sheng felt very very unhappy inside.
This person's spirit was just snatched away like that; She became so exhilarated from just listening to them.

Perhaps, if he started choking while laying on the ground, she wouldn't even notice at all! How in the world could there be such a thoughtless person?

"I'm sorry l'm sorry!" Miaomiao's smile was as lovely as spring sunshine. She raised her hand to touch his forehead, "Where do you feel uncomfortable?"

He tilted his head to the side to dodge her and rapidly blocked her wrist from approaching him any further. His pitch black-pupils stared straight at her: "You really don't blame me..

"I don't blame you, not in the slightest." Miaomiao's brows knitted up, "Bringing up such an old topic, isn't it irritating?"

She took back her arm and patted him on the chest with a force that wasn't light nor heavy: "I don't blame you because I'm lenient and magnanimous. I won't lower myself to your level."