97

"Miaomiao, come here. I have something to tell you."

In the lobby, a few fragments of sunlight fell through the flower windows on both sides, shining on the leaves of several pots of hanging orchids.

Liu Fuyi, with a worried look between his eyebrows, beckoned to Ling Miaomiao, who was walking across the courtyard, into the room, and pulled out the chair for her.

After a while, he still did not hear a reply, so he looked up, only to see Ling Miaomiao standing in place, seemingly troubled, and looking left and right. Suddenly her eyes lit up, "Brother Liu, sorry, wait for me."

She darted over with her skirt in hand and intercepted Mu Yao, who was passing by the front of the lobby and was about to go to the courtyard to practice her skills: "Sister Mu, can you come in and sit for a while?"

With a bewildered face, Mu Yao let her pull her into the lobby and press her down to sit next to Liu Fuyi. Then Miaomiao moved over a chair and sat opposite them, setting up what seemed like the six-party talk.

"All right now." She put her hands against each other and propped her chin up and smiled, "Brother Liu, you may start."

"......" Liu Fuyi balked, exchanging glances with Mu Yao, both of them puzzled by the seriousness of her preparation, before speaking.

"Don't keep looking at me." Ling Miaomiao coughed lightly, "Are you trying to tell me about Murong Shi's matter?"
Mu Sheng went to town first thing in the morning to pick up pens, ink, and yellow paper.

He most likely wouldn't be back for a while, and this was the first time in the last few days that he was not present.
Liu Fuyi was silent for a moment.

"Regarding Murong Shi, maybe she shouldn't be called Murong Shi."

Ling Miaomiao pricked up her ears to listen.

"Her surname is not Murong, her surname is Mu, the Mu referring to the evening. The 'Mu' surname, in the demon race, is a symbol of the existence of eternal night. They embody the darkest side of demons: seductive, ruthless, and using their power to deceive others."

"Do you still remember when we were crossing the Wan River on the big boat, I once told you about the succubus?"

The way Liu Fuyi looked at her, was with a calm and gentle expression, as if fearing that she would not accept it, and he seemed to be guiding her little by little,

"Succubus, they sing and dance, are stunningly beautiful, and well-versed in captivating people..

"Oh!" Miaomiao pursed her lips and extended a finger, "I remember, that split personality....."

At that time, Liu Fuyi told her, if a succubus was betrayed, another completely different demon soul would split from their body, otherwise known as a resentful banshee, with an inherently evil nature, and bringing calamity to all sides, a being for demon catchers to avoid.

But they never thought that there would be such a coincidence......

Liu Fuyi nodded, still observing her expression: "Murong'er is a succubus, the mountain of her hometown that she spoke of is the Qilin Mountain in the far north, the number of surviving succubus there is very small, and she is one of them."

"Oh......" Ling Miaomiao pondered, her fingers twisting unconsciously. She lowered her eyes and muttered, not knowing whether she was amazed or bewildered: "Then Mu Sheng—— is a succubus's child."

Her brain raced, slowly corroborating this fact. No wonder, in the first memory fragment, he could enter the carriage of the Marquis Qingyi without any sign; no wonder, when his hair grew and red light flashed, he could kill people without notice; that power to captivate, was not sorcery, but was probably an innate ability......