91

Photo above: Murong Shi

Ling Miaomiao pulled his wrist and stood up: "Come out."

Mu Sheng let her pull him along and walked into the main hall with her. With quick steps, they reached a place under the silent curtain of the night sky. The corridor was dark, cold and quiet. In comparison to the loud ruckus inside, the juxtaposition was stark.

While Ling Miaomiao walked forward, she looked left and right constantly before finally finding what she was looking for: A small pond surrounded by small stone tiles a distance away. On top of that, there was a wooden ladle resting against the side of the pond.

"Let's go over there." She pulled him down then pulled his hand with force, forcing him to the water's edge. Then, she used the ladle to ladle out some of the ice-cold water and poured it over the back of his hand.

Mu Sheng silently watched her side profile as she did as she liked. Ling Miaomiao was fully focused with her head lowered, even a thin layer of sweat appearing on her forehead. Her silk hairband had loosened a little so some of her long hair rested on her shoulders.

He reached out with his left hand to help her pick up the stray pieces of hair.

Ling Miaomiao turned her head to look at him and put down the ladle. Then, she directly forced his hand into the pond's water.

The water in the pond was bright and clear, and one could see the beautiful, colorful stones and the lush and fluffy looking water grass peeking out between the stones.

Several slender fish scurried away in shock and several even rubbed against the back of his hand as they went by. They were satiny in texture but had a toughness to it.

Only then did he finally feel a surge of fiery hot pain.

Regardless, Ling Miaomiao still maintained her posture of holding down his wrist while smiling at the water: "Look, the little fish are here to bite you."

"...." His long lashes moved slightly as his dark pupils focused on her face, a strange look of softness in them.

After immersing his hand in the water for a while, Ling Miaomiao finally took his hand out.

She pulled his hand close to her eyes to scrutinize it closely. The back of his hand was still very red but fortunately, it didn't seem to be blistering. She used two fingers to very carefully massage the back of his hand: "Does it hurt?"

"It doesn't." He lightly lied.

Ling Miaomiao let out a sigh of relief and released his hand. She brushed off the layer of sweat on her forehead and then glanced at him. Her bright, apricot eyes were full of disdain: "You don't even know how to pour water."

She paused and then solicited: "Shall we head back?"

Mu Sheng suddenly grabbed onto her wrist and thrust his hand into the pond once again: "My hand hurts."

Ling Miaomiao knew what he was up to: He didn't want to be obedient.

She didn't force him and merely looked askance at the pond: "Then you can soak your hand in the pond by yourself, why are you pulling me?"

The youth's lowered eyes moved once: "To block the small fish."

"....." Ling Miaomiao couldn't keep her austere attitude and burst out with giggle. As a result, some waterdrops splashed onto his face but he didn't dodge them. He only closed his eyes, waiting for the assault to end before immediately rubbing his wet cheeks against her face.

The two of them crouched by the pond, staring at it while playing. Their figures hid the reflection of the moon and the fish within the pond were so frightened that they dispersed in all directions.