7

Photo above: Ling MiaoMiao and Mu Sheng (Ziqi)

Under the moonlight, Ling Miaomiao raised her head. Her complexion pale white, she stared at him with her pitiful-looking apricot eyes.

There was a dark and heavy emotion in her eyes, and upon first glance, it appeared quite terrifying.

"I..." She hesitantly opened her mouth, biting her lower lip as if she was embarrassed, "... couldn't sleep."

"Couldn't sleep?" Mu Sheng crossed his arms. He didn't try to pick apart her evasive answer and instead, merely smiled, "Oh, looks like you couldn't sleep well." He took a few steps forward, lowered his head to carefully scrutinize her face with a completely caring expression on his face. "Miss Ling, for you to be unable to sleep normally, is there something on your mind?"

Ling Miaomiao dodged his eyes as she silently cursed: Posing! The black lotus was posing again!

"As a matter of fact, there is. There is something on my mind." She feebly nodded, playing along with Mu Sheng and agreeing.

"Does it have to do with Young Noble Liu?" His face curled into a fake smile as he glanced at Liu Fuyi's window.

"Of course not." Miaomiao sighed as she squatted down. "I couldn't fall asleep so I wanted to find someone to talk to." She raised her head to look at Mu Sheng and lowered her voice, "I didn't think that you all had already gone to sleep and only the light in Brother Liu's room was still lit. I had originally wanted to call out to him but I didn't want to bother him either so I was hesitating."

Mu Sheng's watery pair of eyes sized her up.
She couldn't figure out what he was thinking.

Unfortunately, there was a bottomless maelstrom behind those watery soft and wet eyes.

A moment later, he extended his hand and intimately put it on her shoulder. Ling Miaomiao subconsciously wanted to take a step back but wasn't able to avoid him. He used some force and dexterously twirled her around. "That's such a coincidence. I haven't gone to sleep yet so let me accompany Miss Ling."

Miaomiao let Mu Sheng kidnap her, forcefully bringing her far away from their living area. All the way, she followed him rigidly through the bluestone paved alleyways.

She thought to herself. Perhaps the black lotus was worried that she held ulterior motives toward Mu Yao. Thus, he wanted to lead her away leisurely to a remote location so he could destroy her corpse and remove all evidence.

"Cough uhm... Young Noble Mu, where are we going?"

At the current time, the soft song of the cicadas and the occasional ribbit of a frog from the pond could be heard.

The moonlight shone down upon the lush grass like a layer of fuzzy pearl lights. A very light plum blossom fragrance wafted off of Mu Sheng's cuffs, continually assaulting Miaomiao's nose.

The night wind carried with it a small vestige of the evening chill. Mu Sheng's voice was rather indifferent: "Taking a walk is beneficial to Miss Ling's sleep."

"Then you..." Miaomiao steadily lowered her head, trying to wiggle herself out of his shackles. "Do you have to take a walk with me like this?"

Mu Sheng let go of her, his hair lifted up by the wind. He spoke in a wronged tone as he rubbed his wrist, "I thought Miss Ling was familiar enough with me to steal food out of my bowl. I didn't think you would be bothered with this level of frivolity."

Ling Miaomiao was momentarily speechless. Mu Sheng cast a sidelong glance at her, "Or, is Miss Ling only alright with this level of intimacy with Young Noble Liu?"