60

Ling Miaomiao looked on, dumbstruck, at Duanyang, whose clothes had turned into tatters. Fu Luiyi and Mu Yao, who had just climbed ashore, were also completely taken aback and even Mu Sheng looked blank for a second.

Duanyang sat on the ground, slowly lowering her head to look at her rag-like clothes and ash-covered leg. Then, she raised a small black face and two tear tracks slowly appeared, making her suddenly look like a miner who had just been saved from a coal mine.

She was here to confess.

Heaven knew how many incensed flower petals she had used and how many clothes she had tried on and rejected.

She had walked out of Fengyang Palace glamorously and with the help of Pei Yun, escaped from the imperial city with great difficulty. Then she hurried to reach Liu Fuyi's location at Jinyang Slope just to give him an unexpected surprise.

But now... before everyone, she appeared like this...

And Mu Yao, stood at his side, clean and at ease, watching her together with him...

She turned her head, her bitter gaze automatically going to the black-eyed young man with his hair up in a high ponytail.

He was practically her nemesis. She kept losing face in front of Liu Fuyi all because of him...

Miaomiao saw Duanyang grit her teeth, looking as though she was itching to skin Mu Sheng alive and then pull out his tendons. She clicked her tongue internally while thinking,

'The wolf came and played too much. This time, if the black lotus acts as if he's been wronged, no one will believe him.'

Mu Sheng seemed to not see Duanyang's look and put on an innocent face. "I didn't know it was the princess who was hiding in the dark suspiciously. I wasn't careful enough when attacking and accidentally injured the princess. Ziqi knows he did wrong."

In Duanyang's eyes, this apology seemed to only add fuel to the fire. She extended her arm to point and the shredded clothes which had turned to strips of cloth fell to the ground.

With a scream, she clutched at her chest while shivering.

Liu Fuyi quickly came forward. He took off his cloak and put it on her, a serious yet concerned expression on his face. "Princess, what happened?"

Duanyang clutched tightly at the warm cloak and looked at his face. All her former ire turned into grievance. She grabbed both of Liu Fuyi's hands.

A large pair of eyes followed him for a moment before she opened her mouth and said, "Brother Liu, I...I have something I'd like to tell you."

Liu Fuyi was startled and Mu Yao had already turned around with an awful expression."I'll go and take a stroll in the woods--

"Yao-er!" Liu Fuyi frowned slightly.
Unexpectedly, she stopped at his call. He didn't turn his head around but his voice was unusually steady. "Don't walk off too far, stay within my sights."

Mu Yao froze in place whereas Duanyang's eyes were filled with tears.

The undercurrent between the three people raged.

Miaomiao gauged the mood and tugged at Mu Sheng's sleeve. "...Cough, there's nothing for us here, let's go."

She began beating away the dense mass of tree leaves as she said this. Then she raised the hem of her skirt and swiftly made her way into the woods.

It was a large-scale love battlefield so it'd be best to save the poor second female lead some face.

Mu Sheng saw his sister was still standing in the same place and instead, it was Ling Miaomiao who had gone and done as she pleased, slipping into the woods and disappearing from sight. He cursed at her to himself and quickly moved his feet to follow.