89

From the second day of their marriage, the black lotus had started to sleep on the ground, very close to the bed. He was extremely well-behaved and calm, with not a single objection. He and Ling Miaomiao were simply good neighbors, living together in harmony. Every day they slept with sweet dreams, both feeling extremely pleased with the other.

She usually woke up about an hour later than Mu Sheng. When she woke up with her hair in a complete bird's nest, Mu Sheng had already rolled up and tidied the blankets, placing them on the corner of the bed before he left the room.

As her gaze moved, she noticed a lone carved apple on the bedside cabinet, carved in the shape of a bunny. The bunny's butt was pointed towards her face, giving her a strong sense that it was wronged.

Ling Miaomiao disdainfully glanced at the apple rabbit — And after taking a long glance at it, she felt a little thirsty so she picked it up and took a bite.

As she bit down, Mu Sheng's hand holding her comb floated up to her line of sight. His cute watery black pupils looked at her filled with a smile: "Is it tasty?"

"Oh...." Ling Miaomiao had only bit down halfway before she raised her head to look at him awkwardly, replying with a single sound.

He nodded then pulled out a stool then sat down. Patiently, he watched her eat the apple. At the same time, he continued holding the comb between his fingers, tapping it against the table again and again.

"What are you doing?" Ling Miaomiao was doubtful.

The youth pursed his lips. Surprisingly, there were two strong emotions in his expression at the same
time: Eagerness and nervousness. As a result, he spoke slowly: "I helped you buy some new.. combing water."

"Oh!" Miaomiao was a little embarrassed,

"Actually I...

"An entire bottle." He followed up.

"...." Ling Miaomiao felt some guilt for some reason.

He subconsciously moved his fingers to the teeth of the comb, as if he was using this method to silently calm down his internal anxiety. His pitch-black pupils flickered with a faint light: "Can I help you brush your hair?"

The young girl who was weak to coaxing blinked with her apricot shaped eyes. She couldn't help but feel amused at his actions:
"Last time you weren't this polite..."

She placed the apple back down on the table and wiped her hand. Then, she moved overto the makeup table.

Ling Miaomiao didn't know just why Mu Sheng suddenly grew such an interest in her hair. All she knew was that in his hands, he played with her hair for half an hour yet still looked reluctant to part with her hair.

She could see through the reflection in the mirror that the youth had a soft expression; no, a loving expression as he carefully caressed her hair. She felt as if she were sitting on pins and needles and she took the next opportunity when he leaned in to kiss her hair again to solemnly remind him: "Ziqi, brush it properly."

Mu Sheng froze abruptly and then raised his head. He looked at the mirror with eyes filled with grievance. He saw a beautiful girl in the reflection, the tips of her ears peeking out from the soft strands of hair just like and elf. Her face was ruddy with color and he could clearly see that she was putting on a strong front to face him with an unperturbed expression. Immediately, he felt like there were cats lightly scratching at his heart.

"Miaomiao." His tone was calm and collected as he made a proposal, "In the future, can you leave your hair down while you're in our room?"

".... why?" Ling Miaomiao's lashes trembled for a moment. The feeling of sitting on pins and needles seemed to intensity even more, to the point that she felt like speaking was very difficult.