9

In what kind of situation would a strong demon hunter need to use their own blood to draw a talisman?

One: A very severe situation. Two: Going all out to ensure the quality.

Even though Mu Sheng didn't like Liu Fuyi, he still had to respect Liu Fuyi as an outstanding demon hunter. Before meeting Mu Yao, he was capable of coming and going to places as he pleased by himself. Other than his great luck in possessing the Nine Mysterious Demon Restraining Pagoda, his skills and abilities were also terrifyingly high. Amongst the demonic creatures he encountered, he was able to brutally slay the vast majority with just a single strike.

Mu Sheng raised his head. The west sideroom concealed behind the lush greenery was gloomy, wet and cold. It was a completely different scene.

"I didn't think the talisman I drew on Yao'er's door would..." Liu Fuyi had tried to explain things like this before, but before he had finished, Mu Sheng had interrupted him viciously, "You didn't think? Were you waiting until my sister died before you started thinking?"

At the time, Liu Fuyi's face was pale and reticent for a while.

Liu Fuyi wasn't a conceited person. He was extremely meticulous. If he had used his fresh blood to draw this talisman, then it wouldn't be hard to explain why he would leave Mu Yao by herself in the room: Because it was nearly impossible for any demons to break through Liu Fuyi's talisman drawn with his fresh blood.

Could a mere water mirror have such great abilities?

Mu Sheng's gaze fell onto the ripped edge of the talisman paper. His cold fingers fondled the uneven edge.

It didn't look like a demon had shattered it, rather, it looked like a human had carefully ripped it apart.
Mu Sheng's face was completely expressionless.

His actions could be considered graceful even. But this was simply just the calm before the tempest.
At the same time, Ling Miaomiao was currently in her chambers trying out the new summer clothing.

The light crimson upper jacket was very thin and soft. Her glossy skin was barely discernible under it. While the maidservant was helping her tidy up her collar, her finger brushed past hers bare neck, causing her to laugh uncontrollably.

Miaomiao lowered her head to tie her belt when she suddenly felt uncomfortable as she squirmed her back. "Why did I feel like I was suddenly pricked?" The maidservant lifted he clothes and was shocked: "Ah! Your back is all red!"

She skillfully investigated the material and felt several hard, protruding lumps. She was rather unhappy as she grumbled: "What's going on this year? They even managed to pick out a material with cotton lumps."

"Young Miss, take it off. It's no longer fit for wear."

Ling Miaomiao was flabbergasted, "It's just a few lumps, it doesn't really matter."

"Of course it matters." The maidservant helped her gently take off the upper jacket then throw it to the side completely without care. Sighing, she said, "If it wasn't for the Wan River flooding and sweeping away half of the cotton-spinner families, and the tributes being so rushed, then Young Miss would have never been offered material with cotton lumps."

The Wan River encompassed the entirety of the south of Taicang County. It provided water for this fertile land. At the same time, it was the lifeline for shipments. Ling Miaomiao didn't quite understand how such an important lifeline was flooded... and from the sounds of it, it had swept away some citizens too. Why did she not know of such a grave matter?

"You're saying... our Taicang County was hit with a disaster?"

"Young Miss, you don't need to worry about this, it's nothing." Her lips curved up, "The Wan River charges up the embankment every 3 or 4 years. In any case, it won't affect us all the way here."