2

Liu Fuyi paused in confusion.

Miaomiao searched around her waist before taking out a walnut-sized embroidered red ball. She rolled it up before tossing it over. The ball crashed into his abdomen before it fell to the ground next to his feet.

Liu Fuyi was stunned by this action of hers.

"Throw it back to me, quickly." She urged him as a layer of thin sweat surfaced on her forehead.

Liu Fuyi bent his waist to pick up that small embroidered ball, the red tassels on the ball dragging against his pale hand. He carefully scrutinized it before his expression grew more serious.

"Quickly!" Ling Miaomiao's ears perked up as she tried to listen for any movement inside the room.

He lightly tossed it up and the embroidered ball flew towards Ling Miaomiao. While in the air, it seemed to hit something and rebounded back to the ground near Liu Fuyi's feet.

Liu Fuyi's expression immediately changed, there was an invisible barrier separating the two!

One could enter but not leave. If any of the two were to walk towards the other, who would know if they would be like the embroidered ball: Unknowingly getting pulled into the invisible boundary.

Miaomiao spoke deliberately, "Fuyi... we might not be in the same place at all."

The original book's setting here was truly complicated.

As a pragmatic Mathematics major, when Ling Miaomiao read up to this point she tried to consider all the possibilities.

However, no matter how she thought about it, she couldn't figure it out. When she drew out the scene and seriously considered all possible factors, she finally came to the conclusion that: Floating Boat didn't properly learn physics.

She had tried to describe the invisible
'boundary' yet only used: a strange swallowing force to describe it.

As a faithful reader, Ling Miaomiao tried her best to find a reasonable explanation: She and Liu Fuyi could both see each other because they were in two spaces that had been merged together.

In truth, they could possibly just be on two ends of the same room. Their backs could be facing each other.

There was a force that twisted the space around them. The invisible barrier between them was the twisted boundary between the two spaces.

As soon as someone passed through, the boundary would quickly turn into a wall-like existence, locking both people in one space.

Ling Miaomiao suddenly heard eerie noises coming from inside the room. It sounded like a burst of water coming from the north vents.

Liu Fuyi was sharp, instantly reacting to Miaomiao's single sentence.

He listened intently, becoming extremely serious when he heard her say with a low voice, "It's coming!"

The space in-between Miaomiao and Liu Fuyi suddenly started to quiver then slowly start to tremble. It was just like rainwater sliding down a glass window. Shapes started to appear on it and surprisingly it was a scene of her and Liu Fuyi standing near each other with the exception of an empty background, as if fog had consumed everything.