37

Photo above: Emperor

Names:
Tao Ying: Head monk

"Young Noble Liu, is my mother consort alright?" Princess Duanyang's green skirt lightly brushed past the light grey lotus flower bricks. When they had left, she thought of every possible method to shoo away the female official aunty, all for the sake of gaining a priceless stretch of road with Liu Fuyi.

She didn't dare look directly into Liu Fuyi's eyes. Within the topics she purposely tried to bring up, a weak wobble abounded.

"Don't worry, there isn't anything." Liu Fuyi's smile was light. He was used to looking others in the eye when speaking and the sincerity within his eyes made people who saw them, find it difficult to refuse or deny him.

Duanyang shot him a lightning fast glance out the corner of her eyes. Her voice turned even softer, "That's good then..."

They arrived at the entrance of Fengyang Palace. The young princess still wanted to spend some precious time with the person within her heart, unwilling to leave him just like that. However, the gates of the palace were suddenly pushed out from the inside out of the blue. A palace maid that looked like a chibi1 doll dashed out and threw herself like a baby swallow that hadn't yet learned to fly towards Duanyang, "Your highness!"

"Peiyu?" Duanyang finally saw clearly who it was but felt extremely stuffy within her heart, "What's wrong?"

Peiyu lifted Duanyang's arm, face filled with worry: "Your highness, you received a shock. It's hot outside, hurry and come in under the shade." Then, she shot a brilliant smile at Liu Fuyi, "Sorry for inconveniencing you."

Liu Fuyi stood at a distance and calmly sized up Peiyu once. Then, he tactfully withdrew. Duanyang's face however, was immediately covered with a disappointed expression: "Young Noble Liu..."

Liu Fuyi turned around, patiently waiting for her words.

"... actually I.." She hesitated. Duanyang didn't understand. Those normal young masters would always buzz around her like houseflies.

If she gave one a glance, they would think that she was more partial towards them. She had always detested them, with their high and mighty, believing-themselves-infallible attitudes.

But as for this person before her, even though she had already so clearly done so much, he still didn't seem to understand at all.

The more gentlemanly he was, the more anxious she felt. Even though she knew that this wasn't the best timing.

Liu Fuyi looked into her bright black orbs full of hesitation. Slowly, a somewhat pitying smile suffused his appearance: "| understand."

"You understand what this princess wants to say?" The princess stood in her spot without moving as she replied, both doubtful and surprised at this outcome.

Liu Fuyi nodded and slid his gaze over the anxious Peiyu underneath the eaves. He then advised her: "Your highness, please enter the palace. I'm worried you'll get heatstroke."

Frustration flowed slowly through her irises like strands.

"Tao Ying said to me that as long as the Goddess was returned to her rightful place, this consort's destiny would start to walk the correct path."

Mu Yao frowned: "The Goddess's rightful place?"

"Yes." Dowager Consort Zhao let out a long sigh. The lines at the edges of her eyes seemed to become more visible, "At the time, Minmin was only five years old. She didn't know anything. This consort asked him: How would we return the Goddess to her rightful place?"