73

The wind caused waves in the canopy net. The screen also rattled as the invading force collided with the blockage.

Liu Fuyi attacked without mercy. Mu Yao rolled away on the ground, barely dodging the attacks. There were some attacks she couldn't dodge as she was forced into a half-sitting position.

Her long dark hair spilled all over her shoulders.

Her left ankle had already been injured and she could no longer stand. The latter half of their standoff so far had basically been all conducted on the ground. Liu Fuyi's attacks had barely scraped past her face several times. Just on the verge of taking away her life. If she hadn't set up this formation, she would've died by his hands.

She had never thought that even when the situation became as dire as this, she still could not bear to harm him.

The puppet took back his arm. Coldly, he looked at the girl sitting within the formation. She looked like a bird that had finally been trapped within a cage.

"Fuyi." Mu Yao smiled at him, a broken smile filled with grief.

A thread of hesitation appeared in the puppet's eyes. It seemed as though it was confused as to why the person before it only defended and never took the initiative to attack.

In that moment, the window was pushed open and the illusion demon, clad in red skirt, lazily climbed through the brittle window and sat atop of it. Her legs hung by the edge of the window.

She lightly waved her hand and the puppet nodded, returning to her side with a deferential posture.
Mu Yao watched the illusion demon, sighing within her heart.

She and Miaomiao only cared about watching the door, hardly did they realize that the seal on the door was only for show. The window was the true passage.

The two of them took the path through the backyard, never even passing through the main hall. No matter how anxiously Miaomiao kept guard, it was all for nothing.

"Elder Brother Liu, well done." The illusion demon's blood red lips split apart, blossoming into a bizarre smile.

Liu Fuyi stood beside her with his head down, "The fissure has already opened, should I take the opportunity...."

Mu Yao's face turned deathly pale in an instant. Her lips curled into a despondent smile, one filled with great despair. Since the fissure had opened, the illusion demon could borrow the power of the heavens and earth to put her to death.

And this was what he had brought up.

"No rush." The illusion demon admired Mu
Yao's gloomy expression with satisfaction,
"There's still one more outside. No, there's two."

She looked profoundly at the screen in front of the tightly shut door. Her bright red lips slightly opened, "Give them a great big reunion."

The underground palace was dark and damp. It could cause one's heart and mind to go insane. Fortunately with the fissure opening, soft moonlight could find its way all the way down there. A thin thread of fresh air slowly wafted their way, bringing along with it a clammy odor.

The rain outside should have stopped.

Thinking up here, Ling Miaomiao grabbed Mu Sheng's clothes and rubbed them between her fingers, "You got wet?"

The youth raised his brows and took a long pause before saying, "...... you know this as well?"

The moment he said that, Miaomiao felt like she was suffering from an illusion. In an instant, it felt like the person before her eyes had turned into a little puppy whose fur was completely drenched by the rain. The grievance in his heart seemed to overflow into a flooding river. He was even pursing his lips without uttering a single sound. All he did was stare at her with his pitch black pupils with hesitation.