85

Measuring the bride's clothes alone took an entire day. By the end of the day, Ling Miaomiao could barely keep her eyes open.

With the rushed three day deadline to get married, it was obvious the bridal clothes could not be as exquisite and refined as they could've been. There was far too little time to add the embroidery. All they could do was create a basic design for her.

Ling Yu's aunt from her mother's side tried her utmost and managed to bring a bridal gift from a thousand li away (approximately 500 km)——- A pair of precious embroidered shoes kept in a delicate little box. The sharp toes of the shoe were adorned with beautiful, round pearls. When one walked in them, they would reflect and shine brilliantly under the sunlight. Apparently even the soles of the feet were made from sheepskin. They were soft beyond compare. However, the material they were made of was also tenuous: They could not get wet in the slightest. They were a part of the dowry given to Ling Yu by her family.

The weather had turned colder so Ling Miaomiao wore it in the house when she roamed. It looked like there were two bright little moons beneath her dress, glittering brightly.

She didn't put on her shoes properly as she sat by the side of her bed. She reached out with her arms and for the third time, allowed the dressmaker to verify the length of her arms.

Before the measurements were made, the door opened with a creak and Mu Sheng's figure appeared from the shadow of the doorway. He had no hesitation as he strode into the room.

The dressmaker discovered that the youth had no intention whatsoever to shrink away whilst the girl before her showed no reaction to this either, still maintaining her posture with her head lowered. She felt astonished as she put away the measuring tape and nodded before leaving the room quietly.

Mu Sheng had been extremely busy the past few days. Although they had already gone for a simplistic wedding, the matters he had to deal with still piled up into a mountain.

He had been running left and right all day long. It wasn't until night fell that he could find the time to come find Ling Miaomiao.

She slouched sleepily onto the bed as her half worn shoes fell off with a soft 'clack'.

He walked over and kneeled before her, cupping her ankles in his hands as he helped her put the shoes back on.

His hands were somewhat cold so when they touched her ankles, she immediately felt awake.

She lowered her head to look at Mu Sheng, who happened to be looking upwards at her at the same time.

Below the youth's thick, long lashes were his dark yet glimmering pupils. His eyes looked like a smooth stroke of a brush dripping with black ink.

The ends of his eyes tilted upwards slightly and were somewhat red, looking extremely charming without moving.

At this angle, she could see just how sharp yet innocent his beauty was.

"Were you the one who thought of the matchmaking temple?" His voice was very low, low to the point it seemed like he was coaxing a child to sleep.

Ling Miaomiao languidly laid down onto the bed: "Mhm."

His eyelashes froze for a moment as a thread of light flashed through his eyes: "Why?"

"What do you mean why?" She rubbed her sore arms while yawning at the same time.

"Why do you want something simple? Why.... the day after?" There was a rare thread of anxiety hidden in his tone, as if he was truly anxiously looking for her to give him advice.

She curled up the corner of her lips and raised her chin. Her tone sounded almost mocking: "Ziqi, weren't you the most anxious one?"

He was starstruck and immediately stood up the next moment. He softly caressed her face for a long period as a smile adorned his face. However, the smile on his face seemed somewhat blurry, as if she was seeing through colored glass. In that sense, he looked just like a fresh flower: "If this was actually your doing... that's good."