29

"It's so hot, I feel like I'm melting." The little palace maid, Peiyu, hurriedly ran into the Fengyang Palace. Her sleeves were rolled up to her elbows and large beads of sweat dotted her forehead as she complained, "Sis, the cicadas outside are crying out like they've gone insane!"

The palace maid on duty made a 'shhh': Be quiet, the princess is resting—- hurry and fix your clothes, what kind of embarrassing appearance is that?"

Peiyu made an 'oh' sound and walked quietly into the inner hall.

Layer upon layer of satiny muslin formed a soft cloud, covering up the soft sounds she made.

"At the time we were all standing guard outside and seemed to hear the sound of the door being knocked on. But her highness had given the orders to not enter without commands, especially saying so. Thus, everyone was hesitant when that white clothed young noble simply walked past us."

Peiyun had her lashes lowered as she carried a small round box. Her hands softly moved as she spread the ointment over her afflicted areas. "It was all inner palace slave girl servants at the scene and none of them noticed when he stood right there. They didn't even have the mind to block him when he pushed open the hall door."

Duanyang's ears were wrapped up in gauze and looked a bit comical. Her eyes blinked as they seemed to be focused on something far away. She withdrew her arm into her chest as a smile surfaced on her lips: "Peiyun, did you take a good look at his appearance?"

"Princess?"

"I've lived for so many years but i've never seen such a transcendent and handsome person like him in the capital." As she spoke, her voice grew quieter but on the contrary, the ball of fire within her eyes grew, perhaps out of surprise or perhaps out of melancholy.

That day, the sky was suffused by the color of the setting sun. He stood perfectly straight and his robe fluttered along in the wind...

Peiyun rolled up the screen on the bed with some hesitation on her face, "However, princess, that young noble is a Demon Hunter from jianghu!. He.."

"What's wrong with a Demon Hunter from jianghu?" A streak of annoyance flashed through the princess's face before a smile once again suffused her face, "He is the benefactor who saved my life. Doesn't Consort Mother also put him in an important position?

He had much more courage compared to those young masters from big families. If he were to settle down in Chang An, I'm sure he's to have boundless prospects."

At the side, Peiyu's age was still a little young.

Her hair was brushed up into a tight bun and quite many strands of hair had burst out of its confines.

She stood there listening for a while before butting in: "Would Young Noble Liu really stay in Chang An? I saw that there was a white clothed heroine beside him and they seemed to be a thing."

The princess's expression turned gloomy and her breathing turned hurried. It took her a long time to calm down her mental state: "That woman's hair is still combed into the hair of a maiden. How do you know that she and Young Noble Liu are a couple?"

Peiyu took a glance at her expression and her eyes rolled as she gleefully followed up:
"Princess is right, they're definitely just companions that work together - let me say it, of all the girls in the world, who can compare to our princess right?"

Peiyun quietly listened to them with her head down, not making a single sound.

Duanyang couldn't suppress the arch in her smile but still feigned anger as she snatched the round brocade pillow and weakly threw it at Peiyu: "All you know is how to flatter me!"