109

At night, a thick fog grew and covered the bamboo forest.

He was dazed, and the taste of rust in his throat would not go away, as if someone had choked him and pierced his chest with an iron chain. Every breath he took was excruciatingly painful.

My fingers were the only part of my body that could move, so he groped blindly. The roots of the grass on the ground were turned up and the dew wet his palms.

It had rained a few days before and the soil was damp and cold, freezing his fingers to the point of pain. He thrust his fingers into the soil to support his body, which felt as if it were falling apart.

A faint red light was reflected on his pale face, cold sweat glistened on his forehead. He felt the heat next to him and turned around incredulously.

The dense bamboo forest was the dividing line between the deep night on one side and the bright red of the sky on the other side, the densest part of the red light turned into a crackling flame, tongues of fire licking the collapsed beams, rolls of smoke rising to the sky and blending into the thick fog.

The people who had just been walking around just now, looked like roasted ants, and were laid out disorderly over the mud, utterly silent.

The nearest one to him, their white clothes had been dyed scarlet. He recognized the astonished wide-eyed face, Bai Jin.

When he saw her in the morning, she was still smiling and asked him what he wanted to eat.

The fire's shadow leapt about in his black eyes.

He looked around stunned, as if frozen.
His expression at that moment was just like a rabbit whose heart was pierced through with a hunter's arrow.

His screams were stuck in his throat, and he instinctively opened his mouth, but what came out first was the thick blood that had accumulated in his chest.

He supported himself on the ground, spitting out a mouthful of black blood, and quickly covered his mouth.

His gaze deepened, a blood-stained talisman paper was stirred by the wind, the words on it sinuous and complicated, like a maze occupying the whole talisman paper, ornate and bizarre.

"Little Sheng'er is really amazing, even more amazing than mother."

A smile could be heard in the faint yet charming voice that sounded.

The wind gradually picked up, weaving through the bamboo forest, whistling in bursts. Bamboo leaves fell like rain and grazed his shoulders before falling to the ground.

The wind blew the dense smoke away, turning it into a great dark cloud in the sky. The crimson hem of her skirt fluttered in the wind, like a beautiful camellia in full bloom.

The woman's charming face was inadvertently stained with a few beads of blood, but otherwise, she was practically sparkling clean and untouched by dust.

He looked down at his hands, fingertips were trembling. The blood was mixed with dirt, the filth covering his hands.

A few moments ago, this was still the well-organized Mu Mansion.

——What did he do?

He only vaguely remembered that the moonlight was extremely bright, and under her guidance, he absent-mindedly drew the last stroke of the reverse talisman, and then felt a huge force burst inside his body, nearly tearing his whole body in half.

He was instantly sent flying by a wave of air and nearly swallowed by the uncontrollable energy.

When he opened his eyes again, this was what he saw.