116 (Extra 4)

"Aunt." Miaomiao nodded her head vigorously, constantly checking on Mu Sheng out of the corner of her eyes. "I appreciate your kindness, but I......"

"I know you can't let go of your husband. As they say, a day together as husband and wife means endless devotion for the rest of your life." Her aunt sighed, "Aunt will say this, even if you remarry, we will still allow him to stay here and provide for him with a young master's allowance. It will be considered as cherishing your old friendship. What do you think?"

Miaomiao was about to cry: "I can't, I really can't."

She bolted up from the bed, dragged her aunt out of the door and locked the room: "Let's go to a brighter place to talk.

Saying things like that here, it wasn't her aunt's fault as she was ignorant, but she, herself, was under a lot of pressure. In the past, this man was a pot of vinegar. He would become upset when she spoke someone else's name, something which annoyed her to death.

Were she to really go ahead with this idea, she didn't know how he would blow up. Perhaps, her well-meaning aunt would not be able to safely leave her room.

Now, Mu Sheng looked at her blankly all day long with a half-understanding gaze, not even knowing how to be angry, but she was the first to feel aggrieved for him.

Ling Miaomiao refused sternly while secretly suspecting that she was being controlled by Mu Sheng and had become a masochist.

When she saw that she was determined, she gave up and shook her head with great regret: "What a pity, aunt has several picks in mind, all young and talented."

When they arrived at the hall, servants and maids appeared occasionally. Her aunt was not very comfortable with mentioning this matter in their presence and picked another interesting topic to discuss. It seemed that she also knew that her values were not compatible with this world.

Her aunt stayed until dusk, when the carriage came to pick her up. Despite everyone's wishes, she persisted in going home. Before she left, her aunt grasped her hand and said quietly, "Miao, when you've thought it through, write to me."

"I understand." Ling Miaomiao didn't know whether to laugh or cry. She waved her hand and watched the carriage leave, disappearing into the evening sun.

Father Mayor had gone to someone's banquet and her aunt had also left early. Only her and Mu Sheng were eating dinner. Feeling it was pointless, she instructed someone to place the food on a tray and bring it into the room to eat.

Mu Sheng was still sitting there obediently, holding his chopsticks and quietly watching her praise the dinner.

"Today it's silver fish soup." She excitedly placed the bowl in front of his eyes, the soup with its tempting egg flowers and rich aroma.

"And braised pork ribs."

Feeling that the little black lotus had been wronged, she specially ordered the kitchen to make ribs. Her favorite chef took charge of the cooking himself, and the ribs smelled very fragrant. Ling Miaomiao placed two pieces in his bowl and knocked on the edge of the bowl, saying crisply, "Eat."

This bad habit of knocking on the side of the bowl was learned from Liu Fuyi. When he was drunk and excited, he would take his chopsticks and knock on the side of the bowl, making a crisp sound which felt very ritualistic.

Especially when there was no one who could talk to her, this sound made it seem as if the other side was also answering.

On the table were the chef's signature brown sugar buns; Miaomiao put one in Mu Sheng's hand and looked at him with her face propped up: "Eat."