13

The river's water was boundless and tremendous. Above the mist-covered water, Liu Fuyi swayed gently. People came and went on the docks: A scholar in a rush, lively people carrying packs on their backs, and a government official's young lady bringing two or three maids carrying bags of clothes. Cheer and laughter abounded in this place.

The Wan River disaster had already ended. Taicang County had already returned to its peaceful prosperity. All kinds of boats came and went on the river. The river's water charged at the embankment, causing a slight drizzle and the sky to darken from the vapor.

The large wooden ship left the embankment with a loud 'huala' and at the same time, carved out two long ripples on the water's surface. The hull of the ship buoyed up and down with the waves.

Ling Miaomiao's legs immediately turned soft and her entire body clung onto the thin railing on the deck of the ship.

"Beloved child — be careful on the road —" Her mayor of a father on the shore grew further and further away until she could no longer clearly see his face. She could only see his exaggerated actions of waving his arms about wildly.

"Ey—-" Several curious gazes from strangers fell onto her body as Ling Miaomiao endured her rolling stomach to reply in a loud voice.

Her hair was blown into a disheveled mess by the sea breeze carrying water vapor. They were separated by such a long distance but she saw his figure take a few steps forward while being supported by a subordinate beside him. Stepping to the edge of the shore, he wiped his tears without any care of his image. He shouted in a sobbing tone, even though his voice was already very small from the distance between then: "My beloved daughter— don't forget to send letters—"

Miaomiao felt a twinge of sourness fill her heart. Half of her body was over the railing as she waved her arm with a lot of force, indicating for him to return.

"Careful." Liu Fuyi grabbed onto her sleeve and pulled her back onto the deck. "The railing isn't secure."

Miaomiao turned around, filled with disappointment.

The boat was already headed for the heart of the river. All the other ships that had set off together with them, whether they were beautiful or simple, all disappeared from view.

All that was left in all directions was the boundless volume of water.

They were on the most comfortable passenger ship on the Wan River. It was enormously long, even the most narrow dimensions were 5-6 meters wide.

The ship's hold was divided into a series of small rooms, and could hold a total of 20 to 30 people. The passengers were mostly people who wanted to see the world and travel long distances and were now resting in their rooms.

There were windows embedded on each side of their rooms. Some were half-open, revealing the figures of people inside bending down to tidy up their bedding.

At the current moment, there weren't many people on the deck. Mu Yao and Mu Sheng weren't there either. Liu Fuyi and Ling Miaomiao stared at each other; Her small and his large eyes focused on one another.

After a long time, Miaomiao finally spoke out in disappointment: "'m sorry Brother Liu..."

"What use is saying that?" A helpless expression flashed through Liu Fuyi's face.

He lightly smiled and followed up with: "Let's go.

I'll bring you to take a look at your room."
The two of them entered the hold, one in the front and one in the back. Before they reached the little cabin that belonged to Miaomiao, they came face to face with the cold-faced Mu Yao.