96

This was absolutely the very first time that Miaomiao had taken the initiative to hug him.

Mu Sheng was floored. He didn't dare move a muscle. Even breathing seemed to be too intrusive for him at that moment. All of his attention and focus was completely concentrated on the area her arms touched when they wrapped around him. He felt Miaomiao's arms wrapped around his waist move stiffly a few times, then she spoke in a low voice: "We didn't even go to Huazhe today. Once Sister Mu and them return, should we get them to repeat it to you again?"

So that was all.

There was... an unidentifiable taste filling up his heart.

He had never cared about his own matters but now, there were people who cared more about these things than he did.

He paused for a moment before obediently replying with an: "Mhm."

Ling Miaomiao felt like she was done placating him and was about to retrieve her hand when he quickly moved his arm and pressed down her hand on his waist like a hoodlum.

Miaomiao didn't know whether to laugh or cry, no longer struggling. Under the dusky glow of the candlelight, she was connected to him in this bizarre position. Suddenly, she made a small noise: "Ziqi, are you afraid of hearing that story?"

Mu Rongshi's story had already passed the halfway point. He should've been able to guess by this time the rapid developments that would be soon to come.

He had looked for the truth for such a long time yet in the end it just fell to the ground in front of his feet. Somehow, it made him want to shy away yet also homesick at the same time.

The silence that followed her words was lengthy and so she reached out with her fingers and poked his chest. She blinked a few times before saying: "Even if it was the truth, it's all in the past. Far, far in the past."

He was silent as the night while he repeatedly caressed the side of her waist in an almost clingy manner. He did it for so long that she felt her sides start to become uncomfortably hot. After a pregnant silence, he extended his arms and wrapped them around her, pulling her tightly into his arms.

Miaomiao was only wearing a thin layer of clothes, one that she randomly donned just now. The two of them stuck together so tightly that she felt a little uncomfortable. She pushed his chest like a little animal struggling.

"Mhm, I'm scared." His deep voice suddenly came from above her head.
Ling Miaomiao paused for a moment, forgetting her struggle.

She raised her head to look at his chin, mumbling: "Have you ever heard of the phrase, 'A hero is a hero, they need not tell their background story?"

After she finished her words, she felt like she had been too stingy with her words and supplemented with proof of her feelings.

She kissed him softly on his cold neck, in an inexperienced manner. She felt like she was a woodpecker holding an insect in its mouth.

He immediately stiffened and his arms tightened around her. All of his attention was absorbed in an instant. He tilted his head upwards, waiting a decent amount of time, but in the end still never received a second one.

He paused, eyelashes trembling a few times in grievance: "No more?"

"....What?" Ling Miaomiao's free hand was still playing with the black pearls on his clothes when she went into a blank state. When she suddenly heard his question, confusion clouded her face.

The youth's eye's darkened like night fall. The dusky candlelight barely drew out the contour of his lips as he held her chin tightly. He lowered his head towards hers, the glimmer of water sparkling in his eyes as he said purposely: "....I'm not even comparable to the cockroaches in a ditch, how could I possibly be a hero..."