3

The parallel world's 'system' had informed her that if she wanted to return home, she had to complete two missions in the <Demon Hunter> world:

Mission 1: Follow the original Ling Yu's plotline and create obstacles in between the feelings of the male and female lead.

Mission 2: Get the female lead's brother, Mu Sheng, who's infatuated with the female lead, to fall in love with Ling Yu.

She didn't even want to mention how these two missions were so vehement about —– Wait. The system suddenly sent her a message in it's mechanical voice: "Mission Reminder: Mission 1. One-fourth complete. This time, the rest of the mission will be given as an example gift to the host. Mission complete."

Example gift? Miaomiao was momentarily dumbfounded.

Mission 1? Oh right, it's to bully the female lead... which is to say that before she even needed to create any trouble, the system already helped her do it. The blame was still on her though.

Ling Miaomiao wanted to cry but didn't have any tears to shed.

The book's entire plot went something like this:

That day, Liu Fuyi used the Nine Mysterious Demon Restraining Pagoda to force out the fox demon in Ling Yu's body and then picked up the unconscious Ling Yu. The utterly discomfited fox demon then threw itself at Mu Yao, who then restrained the fox demon. It was in this fight that she had gotten heavily injured.

The fox demon had already died, yet more new people still went missing. It was then that the protagonist's squad discovered that the true culprit was something else.

The true culprit preferred to act when couples got married. For the sake of drawing out the true culprit, which was that shattered water mirror just now, Liu Fuyi put on this play of a fake marriage ceremony. Which then led to everything that happened just now.

As for the reason why Liu Fuyi could only find another girl to put on this show, it was entirely because Mu Yao was heavily injured and couldn't get out of bed!

The night they were making their attempt, Fuyi settled the unconscious Mu Yao properly before tightly closing the doors and windows of the west sideroom. Only after drawing a sealing talisman did he feel at ease leaving his beloved woman alone in the room.

But what did Ling Yu do? After Liu Fuyi left, she sneakily wiped away the talisman runes on the walls and ripped the talisman on the door into pieces.

She left the unconscious Mu Yao laying in the unprotected west sideroom!
Miaomiao's expression turned bitter: Ling Yu was borrowing a knife to kill Mu Yao!

Sigh, she was secretly in love with Liu Fuyi but there was already a beautiful and outstanding Mu Yao beside him. If Mu Yao were to die after being heavily injured by that demon...

...if Mu Yao were to die... this marriage ceremony wouldn't be so fake anymore and she would become his bride...

"Miaomiao?" Fuyi grabbed ahold of her arm, and moved slightly closer. His face was full of concern, "Are you ok? Do you feel unwell?" Ling Miaomiao subconsciously maintained a distance between them but remembered all the things that would occur later on and immediately stuck herself closer to him. Her face was pale as she grabbed Liu Fuyi's hand.

Liu Fuyi felt uncomfortable and naturally dodged backwards.

"Mu Yao..." The emotion in her eyes almost completely changed from fright to pleading, "Go take a look at Mu Yao!"

Liu Fuyi's expression eased somewhat. Then, like he was trying to placate a frightened child, he assuaged: "Mu Yao is fine. I drew a talisman on her door..."