81

Ling Miaomiao was roused by the snapping sound which came from behind.

It was very cold late at night, her back trembled slightly and the scent of ink stung her nose. It was only then did she realize with a start that she had fallen asleep whilst laying down on the table, the tip of her nose pressing on an open page of a book.

Deep into the night, the candles on her table had burned into stubs. All that was left was the cold moonlight which shone through the window frame, casting four rhombus-shaped light spots.

"Click, click, click..." The noise behind her continued to sound. If it wasn't a rat which had gotten into the room... Then it could only be a thief.

She shook her sleepy head, and quickly lit the candle. She carried the candle holder and shone the light on the bed. The sight she was met with was shocking enough to scare her stiff. The outside of the canopy was already surrounded by a cloud-like black gas. Unable to dissipate, it caused the hanging wooden bed brush to sway as though wind was blowing, acting as the source of the unceasing sound.

The person behind the muslim canopy wasn't sleeping very well, seemingly experiencing a nightmare.

In the past, I had heard others say that the ones who didn't cry or make trouble after being rejected, were usually the ones who would hold their pain in until it tore them apart. The black lotus...was going berserk; was this the result of holding it in?

She hurriedly ran over and yelled through the canopy which separated them, "Ziqi, Ziqi?"

The young man had his eyes closed and his eyelashes were trembling. His forehead was drenched in cold sweat.

She couldn't afford to consider the danger and plunged into that black gas. Raising the canopy, she entered and shook his arm, only to find that his clothes were entirely soaked through with cold sweat.

"Mu Sheng. Wake up!" She was beginning to panic, a layer of sweat appearing on her forehead. "What's wrong with you?"

Wasn't blackening an aggressive and cool process? How could it look so pitiful...

"Ding--System Notification: Character [Mu
Sheng] is temporarily experiencing a major setback from a leakage of spiritual energy. He has not entered the blackening process. The host can give the character a certain amount of physiological stimulation, such as..."

Leakage of spiritual energy.... Physiological stimulation...

Her mind was in shambles and she didn't wait for the system to finish its words. She climbed onto the bed on her hands and feet, sat on him, and readied both hands.

Then she lowered her head and slapped his pale face a few times. In a clear voice she scolded him, "Isn't it just a failed confession? What's the big deal? Is there no one else in this world except for your sister? Quit being so foolish! Wake up."

System: ".....such as giving the character a suitable kiss..."

"..." Ling Miaomiao abruptly retracted her hands, feeling extremely embarrassed, and cursed: Why are you speaking so slowly! You caused me to..."

The black lotus was already this wretched, and now, he had to suffer her slaps while unconscious...

She bowed her head in regret and stroked his white jade-like face with her hand. Fortunately, there weren't any traces left from her strikes on his face despite how delicate the skin on his face seemed. As all this ran through her mind, her fingers were suddenly caught.

The palm of his hand was boiling hot; he was calling out in his sleep, "Miaomiao..."

"Yes..." Her eyes lit up, "It's me, it's me, hurry and wake up..."